Administrative Data Manager
Posting Number NC704P
Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/19404
Working Title Administrative Data Manager
Position Number 708
Department Vice Provost - Research & Economic Devel
About the University
Founded in 1871 as a land grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 26,700 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country's finest college towns, and the surrounding northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation's best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
Department Home Page
Job Type Staff
Summary of Job Duties
The position of Administrative Data Manager reports directly to the Vice Provost for Research and Economic Development and performs the following functions:
- Fulfilling campus research related data needs by interpreting campus request specifications and creating appropriate data sets, reports, and dashboard tools
- Contributes to the development and support of university research databases and automated reporting systems
- Recommends, uses, and supports various query tools for accessing data primarily in systems on campus that are required to help support the university's research strategic plan.
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- Bachelor's degree in sciences or engineering from an accredited institution of higher education
- Expert knowledge of data extraction
- Transformation and loading (ETL) programming with at least four years of experience in SAS
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)? No
If yes, please specify
- Master's degree in sciences or engineering from an accredited institution of higher education
- Knowledge in the field of Research Administration with experience using Kuali-based Electronic Research Administration tools
- Experience in creating data sets, reports, and dashboards for university administrators
- Experience creating interactive reports and dashboards from two or more of the following systems: Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, embedded SharePoint Dashboards, Embedded Excel pages
- Administrator experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office: VBA Scripting, Pivot tables, Database integration (MySQL and SQL), data modeling (in the Microsoft environment) and experience in the DAX Language
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge and experience with accessing and manipulating data from academic data warehouse systems
- Familiar knowledge with DOS scripting
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following languages and software packages: SAS (Both Base SAS and SAS Enterprise Guide)
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and proficiently with strong organizational skills
Physical activities associated with this position
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance 479-575-4019.
*Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
Physical Conditions None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Overtime Eligible No
Is this position weather/event essential? If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. No
Work Location/Building Fayetteville Campus - Administration Building
Benefits Eligible Yes
Appointment Percent 100
Does this Position require a Motor Vehicle Reports Check? No
Does this position require a background check? No
Does this position require a substance abuse test? No
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
Posting Detail Information
Future Open Date
Close Date 06/26/2017
Open Until Filled No
Anticipated Start Date 06/30/2017
Anticipated End Date (for temporary appointments)
Recruitment Contact Information
Jennifer Atchley White
Assistant to the Vice Provost for Research and Economic Development
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A's employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Special Instructions Summary
Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Internal Posting No
City, St. Fayetteville, AR
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Proof of Veterans Status