Assistant Director of Graduate Recruitment & Outreach
Posting Number NC737P
Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/20097
Working Title Assistant Director of Graduate Recruitment & Outreach
Position Number 9092
Department Graduate Recruitment
About the University
Founded in 1871 as a land grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 27,100 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country's finest college towns, and the surrounding northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation's best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
The Graduate School and International Education oversees all matters related to the education of graduate and international students. We assist the University of Arkansas in excelling at research, teaching, training and service. We foster student and scholar success and enhance the overall student academic experience.
The Graduate School at the University of Arkansas has a reputation for producing some of the most influential leaders and researchers of our time. Our students work with experts in their fields who are striving to answer today's most challenging questions. They are at the forefront of discovery and are committed to enriching the global community.
Our students ask tough questions, drive innovation, break barriers, explore every angle and solve complex problems. Our students lead change, and we want you to be a part of it. Explore which of our 130 graduate programs will help you shape the future.
Department Home Page graduate-and-international.uark.edu
Job Type Staff
Summary of Job Duties
The Assistant Director will plan and implement effective strategies, including print and web-marketing, social media, and on-campus visitation programs, for the recruitment of diverse graduate students. This position will develop and manage a pool of prospective graduate students; develop and implement a comprehensive communication plan to follow up with prospective graduate students; develop partnerships with education constituents from targeted feeder schools to assist with the recruitment of underrepresented student groups; and coordinate recruitment support activities with University of Arkansas faculty, staff, and alumni. Other related duties as assigned by Director.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- Master's degree from an accredited university earned by December 2017
- At least one year of full-time in academic recruitment or outreach, or comparable experience
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)? No
If yes, please specify
- Experience with production of materials in various media such as flyers, brochures, booklets, web design
- Experience with document layout software such as InDesign
- Experience with social media recruitment strategies and IT technologies
- Experience with special event planning
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Skill in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Skill in talking to others to convey information effectively
- Skill with advanced verbal and written communication and be able to confidently represent the university in a professional manner
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Proficient skills in using Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to handle difficult and stressful situations with professional composure
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships
- Ability to be creative and energetic with a high level of initiative
- Ability to work with diverse groups, multi-task and have a true commitment to teamwork
- Ability to demonstrate proven success in program development and implementation; experience with social media tools; and have experience working with or recruiting underrepresented groups
Physical activities associated with this position
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance 479-575-4019.
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
- Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment.
Physical Conditions None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (schedule may vary based on department needs to include evenings and weekends during peak recruitment seasons)
Overtime Eligible No
Is this position weather/event essential? If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. No
Work Location/Building Fayetteville Campus - G. David Gearhart Hall
Benefits Eligible Yes
Appointment Percent 100
Salary $35,000 - $42,000
Does this Position require a Motor Vehicle Reports Check? Yes
Does this position require a background check? No
If yes, please specify
- MVR (Motor Vehicle Registry) check
Does this position require a substance abuse test? No
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
This position is subject to a pre-employment MVR check. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Posting Detail Information
Future Open Date 05/06/2017
Close Date 06/03/2017
Open Until Filled No
Anticipated Start Date
Anticipated End Date (for temporary appointments)
Recruitment Contact Information
Specific questions may be emailed to Lynn Mosesso at firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Arkansas Human Resources
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A's employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Special Instructions Summary
Review of applications will begin after close date. To be considered for this position, applicants should submit (1) resume, (2) the names, titles, addresses, and contact information of three professional references (with email address and contact number), and (3) two letters of recommendation, (4) cover letter, and (5) a writing sample.
Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Internal Posting No
City, St. Fayetteville, AR
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Will you have a master's degree from an accredited university earned by December 2017?
- * * Do you have at least one year of full-time in academic recruitment or outreach, or comparable experience?
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Writing Sample(s)
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (1)
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (2)
- List of three Professional References (name, title, email address and contact number)
- Proof of Veterans Status