Posting Number NC745P
Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/20187
Working Title Project Manager
Position Number 15742
Department University Information Technology Serv
About the University
Founded in 1871 as a land grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 27,100 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country's finest college towns, and the surrounding northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation's best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
IT Services provides central information technology support for the University of Arkansas, supporting a user base of over 30,000 faculty, staff and student users. With over a hundred fulltime employees and a budget that exceeds $17 million, IT Services provides technical resources and services to support university users in teaching, learning and working smarter, faster, and safer. IT Services is platform diagnostic, supporting Mac and Windows on the desktop, Windows and Linux server environments, and both enterprise and opensource systems and software.
Department Home Page its.uark.edu
Job Type Staff
Summary of Job Duties
The Project Manager is responsible for managing major IT projects across campus with the Project Management Office of IT Services. This position coordinates communication across teams and to all levels within campus IT. Working with stakeholders and technical teams to ensure scope is explicitly defined and documented, the Project Manager proactively manages project timelines through schedule management and progress tracking. The Project Manager also takes responsibility for developing and refining an organizational project management framework to formalize project management standards, policies and procedures, and creates project templates.
This position also coaches and mentors technical project leads on successful project execution.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- The formal education equivalent of a bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or a related field
- At least four years of experience successfully managing complex projects on time and on budget with PMI PMBOK, agile or lead project management processes
- Demonstrable experience creating and maintaining project documentation including, but not limited to: implementation plans, schedules, work breakdown structure, task and activity planning, issues and risks assessments, budget, steering and working committee agendas and follow up reports, team communications, and overall project reporting
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)? No
If yes, please specify
- Master degree or two years experience working in higher education role
- Project management experience within an IT organization
- Experience with change management strategies and implementation
- Experience with principles and practices of quality assurance and risk management
- Effective process improvement experience PMP, ScrumMaster, Six Sigma, or similar certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience and skills communicating proactively with team members and stakeholders at all levels
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to follow through and experience providing accountability
- Ability to work in an environment where processes are being defined and contribute to overall development and improvement of project management processes
- Ability to perform with a strong attention to detail
Physical activities associated with this position
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance 479-575-4019.
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
- Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
Physical Conditions None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (times may vary based on department needs)
Overtime Eligible No
Is this position weather/event essential? If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. No
Work Location/Building Fayetteville Campus - Administrative Services Building
Benefits Eligible Yes
Appointment Percent 100
Salary Commensurate with experience
Does this Position require a Motor Vehicle Reports Check? No
Does this position require a background check? Yes
If yes, please specify
- Criminal background check
- Sex offender registry check
Does this position require a substance abuse test? No
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background and sex offender registry check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Posting Detail Information
Future Open Date 05/06/2017
Close Date 05/20/2017
Open Until Filled No
Anticipated Start Date 06/15/2017
Anticipated End Date (for temporary appointments)
Recruitment Contact Information
University of Arkansas Human Resources
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A's employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Special Instructions Summary
Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Internal Posting No
City, St. Fayetteville, AR
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree in computer science, business or a related field?
- * Do you have at least four years of experience in a project management role?
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Proof of Veterans Status