This position is based in the Frankfort, KY area.
The College of Pharmacy Institute for Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy (IPOP) has contracted with the Cabinet for Health and Family Services, Department for Medicaid Services (DMS) to provide DMS with a team of (19) licensed Registered Nurses that will assist them by providing professional expertise, technical assistance, and guidance in the performance of comprehensive assessments using the Home and Community Based (HCB) waiver assessment tool for for the frail and elderly population and physically disabled.
IPOP seeks to hire a Team of (19) Registered Nurses.
This position will identify, develop and present information educating professional staff, families and individuals seeking HCB Services. This position will review data collected from the State's HCB Assessment Tool and make sound, independent determinations as to the level of care and service needs of the frail and elderly population and physically disabled individuals across the Commonwealth of Kentucky. These assessments must substantiate and justify the services provided by the Home and Community Based Services (HCB) Waiver.
The Nurse Researcher will visit client sites throughout the state of Kentucky and will be
responsible for attending meetings and miscellaneous events in Frankfort, KY. This
position requires extensive travel throughout the state of Kentucky. The majority of the
travel is during the day, however, overnight stays may be required for occasional out of state travel.
7K725:INSTITUTE FOR PHARMACEUTICAL OUTCOMES AND POLICY
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Extended periods of standing and/or sitting. Traveling long distances via car.
Days, Monday - Friday. Some evenings and weekends as required.
Knowledge of physical and psychological development. Excellent analytical and
decision making skills. Ability to communicate effectively and interact with
physically disabled and elderly individuals. Ability to travel throughout the state
on a regular basis with the ability to travel out-of-state for overnight trips upon
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Prefer experience working with the elderly and physically disabled. Driver's license is highly desired due to extensive travel.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a current Kentucky Registered Nurses license or are you eligible to obtain one by date of hire?
- * How many years of experience do you have working with the elderly and/or physically disabled.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter