Staff Support Associate II
This position contributes largely to Human Resources' customer service reputation through assisting applicants and new employees face-to-face as well as through the UK jobs email and Employment call center. Specific core responsibilities include:
- Respectfully greet and assist all walk-in traffic, including individuals using our applicant computer lab.
- Promptly and enthusiastically answer phone calls and employment emails.
- Provide technical support to applicants and hiring department regarding the university applicant tracking and onboarding system.
- Effectively refer customers to appropriate area of Employment and/or escort through the appropriate front desk processes based on the customer's needs.
- Actively listen and observe customers as they complete Employment processes to make informed recommendations to improve the overall customer experience.
- Complete new hire paperwork, including Federal I-9 Employment forms, with 100% accuracy.
- Ensure institutional compliance with background check state law by following established department protocols.
- Manually track various measures of customer related activity and use those measures to proactively plan for high volume periods.
- Promptly, accurately and independently perform numerous administrative duties and actively contribute to the Employment team's goals (complete projects, serve on work groups, etc.).
Staff Support Associate II
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The essential job functions of this position require you to: communicate and work cooperatively with staff, faculty and applicants from diverse backgrounds; abide by University guidelines; maintain confidentiality; prioritize and manage work effectively; provide exceptional customer service; complete work with interruptions; ensure work is detailed, accurate and completed in a timely manner; perform work in a sedentary position, utilizing computer, keyboard, mouse and telephone the majority of the day; and work successfully in a team as well as independently.
Monday through Friday - 8:30am to 5:00pm
Duties of this position require any successful candidates to have a superior customer service skill set including a demonstrated ability to appropriately engage customers from a variety of backgrounds. The ability to effectively communicate with customers face-to-face, over the phone and through email is critically important as are solid judgment, problem solving and organizational skills. Must be a team player and an active listener who learns and adjusts actions to continuously improve his/her performance. Also must be able to interact with customers in an empathetic and customer service oriented manner in potentially stressful interactions and high volume periods.
Software application knowledge, understanding of the Form I-9 process, and experience in managing a multi-phone line system are also a plus.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Customer Service experience in a fast-paced environment.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of paid working experience do you have in a fast paced, front line customer service position in an office environment?
- More than 0, up to 1 year
- More than 1 year, up to 2 years
- More than 2 years, up to 3 years
- More than 3 years, up to 4 years
- More than 4 years, up to 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please indicate the average number of customer interactions you have been directly responsible for handling on a daily basis (including face-to-face and phone interactions).
- More than none, up through 10 daily interactions
- More than 10, up through 20 daily interactions
- More than 20, up through 40 daily interactions
- More than 40 daily interactions
- * Describe the most you have ever done to assist a customer in a difficult situation. What was the situation and how did you handle it?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter