Event Supervisor (P/T Casual), CP3N34033CES
Work requires sensitive judgment in execution of duties to maintain positive public relations with staff and general public. Duties require an understanding of general management techniques and are performed under the general supervision of full-time CES Staff Supervisors.
Position Title: Event Supervisor (P/T Casual), CP3N34033CES
Duties of Position:
- Ability to be authoritative and enforce College and Conference and Event policies for use of facilities.
- Be alert to emergency requirements and general safety and comfort of patrons.
- Ready facilities for door openings and admitting patrons.
- Be responsible for the exit of patrons at the end of event and orderly close of facilities.
- Act as a "runner" for communications and/or special needs as directed.
- Oversee and/or assist with setups and dismantles as required and as noted in itinerary or other communications. This can include tables, chairs, cabling, mats, signage, athletic equipment, etc. Ensure all services ordered are delivered on time, i.e., rental equipment, custodial services, etc.
- If required, act as "Point" person during the event to meet client's needs as outlined in event itinerary or other communications.
- Enforce additional policies and procedures as set forth by the department for building coverage and securing facilities.
- Assist with general office duties as required, before, during or after event.
- Inform CES Staff Supervisor of any issues that arise during the event.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
Some experience in setups/dismantles purpose facility; or experience managing or assisting with events and working with people at all levels i.e., children, students, instructors, managers, clients and the public; or experience working athletic events at the game level or some experience managing multiple areas while working with a diverse community of patrons.
High School Diploma.
One to three years comparable experience in a large multi-purpose facility. Specific knowledge of setup and operation of large events i.e. football games and graduations. Ability to work with people at all levels i.e., children, students, instructors, managers, clients, the general public and/or experience working athletic events in an athletic setting including experience in setup and take down of large events i.e., electrical, tables, chairs, signage, athletic equipment, etc. Also possible experience in supervision of public areas in and around swimming pool area.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Bleachers, curtains and multiple electric cable setup and dismantle inside and athletic scoreboard, timers, fair play console outside.
Temporary Casual (on an as needed basis): Variable hours throughout the year - majority of hours are evenings and weekends. Occasional heavy lifting may be required. Inside and outside campus event locations possibly humid, cold and hot environments. Availability may be on short notice. Minimum 2-4 hour work assignments.
Department: Conference & Events Services - CES
Position Type: Temporary Casual - TC
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt