Assistant Concessions Manager/House Assistant Manager (P/T), CP1N10853PARTS
Provide professional and courteous front-of-house operations at the McAninch Arts Center with the goal of ensuring a patron-centered focus.
Position Title: Assistant Concessions Manager/House Assistant Manager (P/T), CP1N10853PARTS
Duties of Position:
- Deliver a high standard of exceptional customer service to all patrons.
- Set up for concessions for each show, stock bars, distribute banks to each bartender, distribute product to each bar, help set up satellite bars in lobby and balcony.
- Bartend and support bar staff as needed.
- Set up outdoor bars for the summer concerts.
- Train bartenders as needed.
- Help with inventory, stock and storage of supplies.
- Directly supervise volunteer ticket takers and ushers, assign volunteers to positions.
- Ensure that theatres, restrooms, lobby and all public spaces are clean, safe and welcoming. Communicate with custodial, grounds and engineering staff, as needed.
- Enforce policies regarding use of cameras and recorders, food and beverages, access and seating.
- Carry out established intermission procedures.
- Provide prompt, professional and courteous responses to all patron concerns.
- Adhere to all emergency procedures intended to ensure the safety and comfort of patrons.
- Ensure the orderly exit of patrons and follow procedures for closing of house.
- Ensure compliance with all ADA accessibility requirements.
- In the absence of the Patron Services Manager, assume full responsibility for managing the house.
- Other duties as required.
Experience and Education:
EXPERIENCE: Two to three years customer/patron service or public relations related experience. Proficiency in spoken and written English. Bartending/cash handling/concession experience.
EDUCATION: Associate's Degree, some post-secondary public relations, CPR Certification, Basset Certification (will provide).
EXPERIENCE: Three to five years customer/patron service or public relations related experience.
EDUCATION: Bachelors, Public Relations, Liberal or Performing Arts.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Telephone, computer and AED Defibrillator.
Considerable public contact, flexible hours, mostly evenings and weekends as performances are scheduled. Must be able to lift and move 25 pounds, push 75 pounds.
This position requires a background check at the expense of the college.
Department: Performing Arts - PARTS
Position Type: Part time - PT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt