Graduate Recruitment Digital Marketing Analyst
The primary goal of this part-time, benefited position is to increase awareness of AHSS graduate programs by developing and leveraging an optimal mix of digital marketing strategies, including SEO, SEM, paid digital advertising, and other tactics. The position works with the Director of Curriculum and Graduate Studies to provide expertise, propose, develop, and execute digital marketing plans, both at the division level and individualized per graduate program. The ideal candidate will bring a strong track record not only of analytical and technical skills, but also effective project management, relationship development, and strategic thinking. They will make informed recommendations on the allocation of resources and budget, as well as the optimal digital marketing mix. The ideal candidate will contribute to division-wide and university-wide leadership in these areas of expertise. They will not just maintain campaigns and strategies, but will continually seek new and creative ways to optimize and evolve our efforts. The ideal candidate will collaborate with faculty, staff, student employees, and administration, and will be adept at communicating with and providing guidance and leadership to audiences with varying levels of expertise in digital marketing.
- Graduate recruitment digital marketing strategy, oversight, and assessment
- Under general direction from the Director of Curriculum and Graduate Studies, independently oversee graduate recruitment digital marketing strategies.
- Independently determine and implement optimal mix of digital advertising strategies for entire division as a whole and for individual AHSS graduate programs.
- Recommend allocation of graduate recruitment digital marketing budget.
- Ensure strategies and messaging align with departmental, divisional, and university goals.
- In partnership with the Director of Marketing and Communication and the Director of Curriculum and Graduate Studies, monitor the evolving landscape of social media and digital marketing to ensure that AHSS marketing strategies maximize effectiveness.
- Assess effectiveness of techniques, adjust campaigns as necessary throughout duration, and track costs and ROI associated with each tactic.
- Evaluate previous year's campaigns and strategies, and establish strategic digital marketing tactics and goals for upcoming admissions cycles.
- Represent AHSS at university meetings related to digital marketing.
- Running paid digital campaign
- Develop and execute paid SEM to include a digital advertising mix of digital display advertising, remarketing, Google AdWords, paid social media, and more to drive traffic to AHSS web assets. Develop and maintain media calendar.
- Generate and edit content.
- Oversee graphic design.
- Coordinate placement and purchasing.
- Coordinate and analyze analytic reports, ROI and ad performance make recommendations accordingly.
- Determine KPIs for campaigns, continually monitor and track campaigns.
- Analyze Google analytic reports divisionally and for graduate departments.
- Develop and implement a strategic social media plan and calendar for entire division to streamline communication and increase user participation/interaction.
- Departmental Support and Guidance
- Develop and execute organic SEO to drive traffic to AHSS web assets.
- Partner with faculty and non-specialized staff on web architecture and content to maintain user-friendly and timely content.
- Use DUs software (OmniUpdate).
- Develop individualized landing pages and online forms as needed.
- Provide guidance to departments to optimize effectiveness of web presence.
- Support departmental and divisional initiatives and projects related to digital marketing.
- In partnership with the Director of Marketing and Communication, maintain DU brand guidelines.
- Collaborate with faculty graduate directors and staff in graduate programs and provide advice and guidance on best practices and use of digital marketing.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of digital marketing experience (working in-house or with clients).
- Knowledge of principles of information architecture (IA).
- Knowledge of basic web design principles for usability and marketing (graphic design nor IT experience is required).
- Experience with SEM and SEO.
- Experience using Google Analytics and Adwords.
Part-time, typically M-F, but exact schedule to be coordinated with hiring manager.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Thursday, June 1, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. In your cover letter please specifically address the ways in which your professional experience prepares you for the responsibilities of working with graduate programs in arts, humanities and/or social sciences in a university of this size. For questions about this position, please contact: Kristy Firebaugh, Director of Curriculum and Graduate Studies, at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three references