Assistant Athletic Trainer (Part-Time)
ASSISTANT ATHLETIC TRAINER (Part-Time)
PROFESSIONAL EXPERT OPPORTUNITY
APPLICATION DEADLINE: THURSDAY, JUNE 8, 2017 AT 5:00PM
This is a professional expert position.
Under the general supervision of the dean or designee, the assistant athletic trainer will plan, organize and direct all activities, duties, and responsibilities of Chaffey sports programs.
Responsibilities will include all aspects of athletic training including but not limited to the following:
• Evaluation/treatment of injury/illness to Chaffey College student-athletes.
• Provide emergency medical coverage during athletic events/practices/travel for teams.
• Refer injured/ill student-athletes to team physicians/consultants regarding injuries/illnesses/care.
• Communicate effectively with coaches and student-athletes alike regarding injuries and playing status.
• Communicate effectively with team physicians.
• Counseling/advising student-athletes and coaches regarding health, conditioning, illness or injury.
• Clinical supervision for CAATE accredited athletic training program students.
• Maintain medical/administrative records.
• Apply appropriate protective padding/braces/strapping/other orthotic devices.
• Design/modify appropriate individual rehabilitation of post-surgical/post-injury.
• Maintenance of certification by the National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification (NATABOC).
• Maintenance of state athletic training licensure.
• Possess a valid California driver license.
• Drive District vehicles.
• Any bachelor's degree or higher and two years of professional experience; OR
• Any associate degree and six years of professional experience. The professional experience required must be directly related to the assignment.
• Current certification as an athletic trainer by the National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification (NATABOC).
• First Aid and CPR Certification.
MEETING MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS DOES NOT ASSURE THE CANDIDATE OF AN INTERVIEW. Applications will be evaluated taking into account the breadth and depth of relevant education, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities.
• Master's degree in kinesiology, physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, physiology of exercise or adaptive physical education; OR
• Bachelors' degree in any of the above from an accredited Athletic Training Education Program (ATEP), AND master's degree in any life science, dance, physiology, health education recreation administration or physical therapy.
• Two years athletic training experience.
• Working hours: 19 hours/week. May be Monday through Friday, weekends, evenings, and holidays.
• Must be available to work evenings, weekends and/or holidays as work necessitates and as assigned.
• Local travel is required on a regular basis, and in-state travel is required occasionally.
• Must possess a valid California Driver's License (with no restrictions).
• Must be able to pass a criminal investigation and reference/background check which includes receiving clearance from the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of investigation (based on resident history outside California).
Chaffey College recently implemented an online electronic application system. Our new application can be accessed at https://chaffey.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=137. The application package must include an online district employment application, filled out in detail and clearly reflect that you meet the minimum qualifications as set forth in the position announcement. In addition, the following documents must be uploaded and included with your online application submission:
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. If you upload documents that are not required, your application may be disqualified.
• Cover Letter (State briefly how you meet the qualifications)
• Professional Reference List (Include names, current addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses)
• Copy of Unofficial Transcripts (Transcripts must indicate degree earned/conferred - photocopies or computer printouts are acceptable. Transcripts of all degrees applicable to meeting the minimum qualifications for this position must be included. Copies of diplomas/degrees are NOT acceptable in lieu of transcripts. Official sealed transcripts will be required upon hire.)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a part-time (19-hours per week), 10-month per year, professional expert position. Continued employment is contingent upon funding and approval of the Chaffey College Governing Board. The monthly salary starts at $2,220, may progress over time to $2,975, depending on experience, plus possible teaching opportunities.
Chaffey Community College District is committed to equal employment opportunity