The Chief Engineer is responsible to operate at the highest level of efficiency and cost producing company standards.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for working with and assisting the General Manager with the following:
- The maintenance of entire plant machinery in the most efficient way including cost and cosmetics.
- Minimize machinery breakdowns and down time
- The maintenance of the building including walls , floors, bathroom, ceiling exhaust fans, air conditioner, roof, etc...
- Alert plant manager of potential breakdowns and make arrangements to repair them with minimal interference with production
- Maintain top efficiency with maintenance and porter departments, achieving budgeted percentage of payroll.
- Assist plant manager to achieve top quality with all machines running smoothly and efficiently.
- Assist plant manager achieve budgeted P.O.H. by providing the highest level of production possible.
- The implementation of the preventive maintenance program in the most effective way without interference with production schedule.
- Maintain the acceptable level of energy and fuel consumption in the entire plant.
- Oversee the purchases of machinery parts at the lowest cost.
- Follow through with union employees problems reporting in writing to the union, using warning notice if necessary but at the same time maintaining good morale throughout the plant. Keeping utmost positive attitude.
- Other projects and assignments as instructed by the General Manager or the VP of Operations.
The Chief Engineer requires limited travel. Employees are responsible for creating and submitting expense reports each week for expenditures incurred during travel.
- High School diploma or equilavent, college degree preferred
- Prior experience in laundry operations and management
Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Work, PowerPoint
Essex County, NJ
Wed, 19 Apr 2017 14:41:45 PDT