President, Castleton University
The Vermont State Colleges System seeks an inspiring and collaborative leader, with a deep commitment to student success and excellence in the full sense of the word, to become the next president of Castleton University.
While steeped in tradition, Castleton is oriented towards the future with its contemporary facilities, attitude, and strategic plan. The University offers more than 75 undergraduate and graduate programs and has a total enrollment of more than 2,000 students. State of the art athletic and exercise facilities support 29 varsity sports teams and aid in student success and the overall wellness of the community. Castleton enrolls students from 27 states and 41 countries.
The new President will advance the academic and educational vision of the faculty and the University, effectively manage all operational areas, address the University’s fiscal realities, strengthen development and alternative revenue efforts, and provide strong internal and external leadership. The next Castleton University President will be comfortable leading through change, embracing shared governance, and partnering with outside educational, private sector, and government entities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and executive management experience;
- An earned terminal degree and commensurate experience demonstrating the capacity to be an effective chief executive officer of an academic institution at the postsecondary level;
- Demonstrated success in establishing and sustaining partnerships among higher education and relevant public and private stakeholders;
- An appreciation for the educational, economic, and community landscape of Vermont and the region;
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a listener, communicator, and coalition builder;
- Evidence of a commitment to preparing college graduates for success in careers and civic life;
- A record of successful fundraising and alternative revenue development.
For information and to apply online go to: http://www.castleton.edu/president-posting
Application requires a letter of interest, CV or resume, and contact information for four references. For full consideration applications should be received by June 30, 2017. Please contact Nancy Shaw, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com with questions.
Castleton University and the Vermont State Colleges System are committed to diversity and providing safe and nondiscriminatory employment and educational environments.