Marketing/Graphic Design Assistant Casual Worker
Marketing/Graphic Design Assistant [Casual Worker]
Department: Auxillary Services
This is a part-time, temporary position, Medical and Retirement Benefited with an estimated assignment end date of December 24, 2017.
This position is responsible for coordinating and assisting with all aspects of design, project planning, and implementation of Auxiliary Services marketing efforts. The Graphic Designer
will provide marketing assistance to the Auxiliary Services departments through the design of marketing materials, coordination of ongoing marketing projects including; print, digital media, social media, website maintenance, and custom email campaigns as delegated by the Marketing Director. This position has the primary responsibility of communicating with the Marketing Director to coordinate, design and execute designated marketing projects.
Works independently, creates and maintains digital and print marketing pieces, with a high level of creativity and innovation. Ensures consistency of brand and content as well as compliance with style guides and University specifications. Responsible for updates to web content, photos, custom mass emails, social media and corresponding marketing materials. This position works under the general supervision of the Director of Marketing, Auxiliary Services and will periodically provide direct supervision of part-time student employees as assigned by director.
The responsibilities described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Creates graphic design pieces for all aspects of marketing and promotion for Auxiliary Services e.g., publications, flyers, posters, digital content etc. (Departments include; Auxiliary, Dining, Hospitality, USD Torero Store and Campus Card).
• Coordinates with printers on and off campus for production of printed materials for Auxiliary Services, including but not limited to; menu boards, banners, brochures, fliers, posters and lawn signs.
• Produces Auxiliary Services information for publication in various departmental and campus-wide publications, e.g., brochures, menus, catalogues, posters, digital screens and other print resources.
• Provides and updates content (photos, text, layout, etc.) for Auxiliary Services web sites.
• Creates content and updates social media for all Auxiliary Services accounts.
• Responsible for photo shoots to generate photo content for website, print ads, catalogues and social media. Photographs events, food, and campus community to use in marketing materials.
• Edits images in Photoshop to create design-ready art for all marketing pieces.
Custom Mass Email Campaigns
• Utilizes a CRM software program to design and compose weekly mass email newsletters as needed.
• AA degree required; in a related area or applicable marketing/graphic design certification preferred.
•Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign), CRM software, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
• Requires two years' experience in a marketing or graphic design position.
•Ability to multi-task and work effectively under high pressure while handling multiple projects. Ability to prioritize workload effectively.
• Strong writing/editing skills, excellent grammar, and accurate proofreading skills.
•Excellent communication and customer service skills. Be willing and able to represent Auxiliary Services in a positive manner with students, faculty, staff, vendors and carriers.
•Available to work occasional overtime during peak periods as required.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: $18.00 - $21.00 per hour; Medical and Retirement Benefited.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical and 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours: 35 per week
Closing date: June 5, 2017
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, you are strongly recommended to upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers' review.If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org