Associate Director, Research and Outreach
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Associate Director, Research and Outreach position within the Libraries Department. This position provides the leadership and guidance needed to accomplish the user services goals of the University Libraries and to develop high-quality, innovative, and user-oriented services to a diverse body of students and faculty. The AD for Research and Outreach is responsible for fostering a highly collaborative team, engaging in effective working relationships within the department; developing and maintaining a dynamic, service oriented program in library instruction, liaison services, student engagement and outreach to faculty and other units on campus; and effective cooperation and teamwork across library departments and with other units on campus. This position serves on the Library Management Team to help develop and implement the Libraries' vision and goals. Essential Functions: Develop and provide high-quality, innovative, and user-oriented services to a diverse body of students and faculty, including:
- In collaboration with the UST Libraries management team, prepare, describe and implement a vision for the long range development of the UST libraries' user services, incorporating innovations in instruction, outreach, assessment, the use of technology, appropriate organizational structures/roles for library staff and library space to meet the strategic goals of UST.
- Provide leadership in developing a highly effective, highly collaborative team of reference and instruction librarians by selecting, supervising and evaluating staff, including encouraging positive behavior, providing effective communication within the department and across departments; managing change and resolving conflict.
- Together with the Associate Director for Access and Digital Services, provide for high quality Reference/Research/Information/Consultation/Instruction Services to library users. Provide reference and instructional services as needed.
- Serve as liaison for selected departments, including working with faculty, providing instructional services and working with students as needed.
- Represent the library as needed at University meetings, events and on faculty/academic committees.
- Maintain and enhance professional skills through regular and meaningful professional development activities.