Research and Prospect Management Specialist
The Research & Relationship Management Specialist reports to the Associate Director of Prospect Research and Relationship Management and serves as an integral part of the Institutional Advancement team. This position has an important role in the identification, qualification, and research of major/planned gift prospects. This position requires the ability to gather, summarize, and disseminate large volumes of information from numerous sources; to make recommendations for solicitation strategies; to attend events and engagements as required; and to compose prospect briefings and profiles. This position also requires a good understanding of prospect management and fundraising within a higher education context as well as a commitment to data integrity. The ability to think analytically and intuitively in a fast-paced environment is key. This position will support the Major and Planned Gifts Office in addition to the College President, Vice President of Institutional Advancement, and Annual Fund Office.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND GOALS
- Analyze and synthesize accumulated financial, philanthropic and affinity data on individuals, corporations and private foundations to assess prospects’ giving capability, philanthropic tendencies, and appropriate potential solicitors. Produce and report various findings to the Major/Planned Gifts team.
- Prepare profiles/briefings/information for gift officers, IA Vice President, and College President as well as for key events/meetings.
- Maintain strong skills and knowledge of online research resources, technologies, and methodologies.
- Design and conduct proactive screening projects to identify new prospects.
- Stay abreast of new developments in external and internal screening products/techniques and how they can help prospect identification efforts.
- Assist the Director of Prospect Management and Prospect Research in managing the IA Prospect Management System.
- Maintain the data integrity of the prospect management system in Banner and supervise the data entry of prospect management information.
- Partner with gift officers and others to manage proposals, projects, planned solicitations and assignments. Also, work with gift officers to determine appropriate solicitation strategies for new and existing prospects.
- Prepare reporting for the President, IA Vice Presidents, and Gift Officers regarding prospect activity. Provide additional support for contact report review and prospect documentation.
- Minimum one year of professional research experience, preferably within higher education or similar environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/work experience is required.
- Candidates must possess outstanding prospect research skills and the ability to interpret business and financial data.
- Requires well developed interpersonal skills and the availability to attend evening and weekend engagements.
- Should be able to provide insight in prospect cultivation strategies.
- Requires the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple assignments with minimum supervision while meeting strict deadlines.
- Thinking analytically and intuitively in a fast-paced environment is important.
- Must have excellent writing skills and be detail-oriented and accurate.
- Extensive computer experience required, including database knowledge and online prospect research skills (e.g. WealthEngine, Lexi-Nexis, etc.) and Microsoft Office.
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance