*Cover letter is required with application.*
Summary: The Development Officer is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding prospective donors in support of gifts of $50,000 to $100,000 to support Wake Forest University’s fundraising initiatives. Involved with Digital Solicitation strategies. This position also manages an active portfolio of at least 120 prospects and works closely with the Director of Development of the assigned geographic territory to strengthen relationships to increase philanthropic support for WFU.
- Manages portfolio of approximately 120 prospects and donors with specific goals and benchmarks intended to secure annual, major, and estate gifts in the $50,000 to $100,000 range in support of the Wake Will campaign priorities. Identifies, strategically cultivates, solicits, and steward donors with this philanthropic capacity.
- Develops and executes prospect management plans and solicitation strategies; conducts outreach, schedules appointments, and communicates results and appropriate assessments; and drafts proposals and engages in ongoing cultivation of and correspondence with potential donors to Wake Forest University.
- Executes assigned Digital Solicitation strategies to secure Gift Society commitments from assigned prospects.
- Meets and exceeds goals for monthly visits, solicitations and commitments, and effectively manages a large group of prospects.
- Documents fundraising progress through call reports, cultivation strategy updates, and other communication materials as necessary.
- Collaborates with development and university advancement staff to support a territory goal and Wake Will campaign goals.
- Promotes university priorities and image to constituents. Serves as front line staff to advance campaign goals and objectives. Maintains current knowledge of university-wide institutional priorities.
- Assists with and participates in all University Advancement functions and campaign events as necessary.
- Participates in frequent regional travel related to the Wake Will campaign.
- Monitors travel budget and expenditures.
- Represents the University in various institutional divisions as well as the general public and local community.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree with one to three years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and proven history of gaining philanthropic support and financial commitments from others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituents in a diverse community.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills in prioritizing workflow and managing resources.
- Ability to manage and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate sound judgment and discretion.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google apps, and other relevant software.
- Ability to research, collect, and analyze data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Knowledge of the University policies and procedures, or ability to acquire knowledge in a short period.
- Ability to be a team player and willingness to take initiative.
- Ability to travel locally and nationally as necessary.
- Ability to meet requirements of the University's automobile insurance.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Previous experience working in higher education or not-for-profit
- Previous experience in direct fundraising or direct sales.
- Possesses an understanding of the donor cycle.
- Responsible for own work; meets goals for monthly visits, solicitations and commitments.
- Responsible for monitoring travel and entertainment budget.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.