Director, Applications Development
j2 Global® is looking to fill the position of Director of Applications Development. This position is responsible for the strategic vision, planning, architecture, development, implementation and maintenance of all internal application systems for j2 Cloud. This position will direct all technology selection, functionality and support services on a global basis with offshore resources providing a flexible and scalable delivery workforce to complement j2 resources.
- Responsible for managing a team focused on delivering solutions related to internal billing systems, CRM(Salesforce.com), financial systems and Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse
- Facilitate effective communication and partnering with Finance, Marketing, Sales, Customer Support, Net Ops and Engineering to deliver multiple concurrent projects on time and on budget with a high degree of functionality and quality
- Responsible for the budgeting and procurement of internal applications systems including capex, expense and ongoing support and maintenance costs
- Responsible for setting the vision and direction of internal applications including architecture, requirements, database design and reporting capabilities
- Responsible for the technical evaluation of various solution alternatives including base technology, design, user interface, vendor selection and management, and departmental training and rollout
Job Requirements and Experience:
- A minimum of 5-10 years at an executive level of experience in internal applications systems
- Bachelor's Degree in a computer related discipline; Master's Degree preferred
- A proven track record managing a department of 30-50 professionals including experience building up and staffing offshore capabilities
- Proven leadership ability in setting and delivering to end user department expectations by building trust and credibility with the organizational leadership in other departments
- Extensive experience in rapid large scale M&A systems integration and technology rollups
- Extensive knowledge of system architecture and design principles, software design, programming, testing, validation and implementation of applications
- Project management experience
- Ability to respond effectively to critical situations in service delivery in a timely manner and provide ongoing status
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to solve practical business problems and engineer complex business problem solutions
- Knowledge of cloud software and internet based software delivery practices
- A proven track record in implementing large systems in several hundred million dollar enterprises
- Familiarity with all popular end user computing platforms and technologies including servers, networks, hosting, operating systems and telecommunications on a global basis
- Ability to analyze and understand the inner workings of complex applications systems
We are located in Hollywood and offer:
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and 401k
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Parking or Transit Reimbursement
LiveVault,® a brand of j2 Cloud Services Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:JCOM), is a powerhouse in online data backup and Disaster Recovery. One of the few online backup and DR companies in the world with ISO 27001 certification; LiveVault,® has worked with customers since 2003 to ensure that their scheduled or continuous data backups are executed flawlessly and that data can be restored from any location at any time.
LiveVault,® is committed to providing fully managed and monitored online backup service, while continuing to expand the possibilities of online backup, and educate business owners on the risks of data loss.
About j2 Cloud Services:
Founded in 1995, j2 Cloud Services (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax,®, eVoice, FuseMail,®, Campaigner,®, KeepItSafe,® and Onebox,® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services. November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2015, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 20 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com.
At j2 Global,®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
j2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401K, and company-sponsored events. If you're seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
Thu, 20 Apr 2017 14:49:45 PDT