Materials & Warehouse Manager
Job Description for Warehouse Manager
Warehouse manager responsibilities consist of managing the materials of the warehouse. Managing the materials handlers and forklift drivers along with maintaining the equipment. Warehouse manager must manage all receiving and inventory transactions for the company. Warehouse Manager must make sure all materials are delivered to manufacturing to keep up with demand. Supervise the staff of the warehouse, along with working with them to complete tasks. The warehouse manager is responsible for include complying with federal, state, and local warehousing.
Required to be an effective warehouse manager and consist of supervision, developing budgets, safety management, developing standards, managing processes, surveillance skills, inventory control, reporting skills, analyzing information, and equipment maintenance. Warehouse manager may work indoors or outdoors.
Other tasks that must be completed deal with coordinating tasks, enforcing programs, safeguarding the warehouse, and controlling inventory levels, conducting physical counts, and reconciling with data storage system. Warehouse manager must also maintain the physical condition of the warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts, inspecting equipment, and issuing work orders for repair and requisitions. Warehouse managers must also schedule workdays for other employees and must train and recruit staff. Warehouse manager must also maintain results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; this also involves planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage/develop Budgets for warehouse
- Shipping and Receiving Data Entry
- Schedule and coordinate shipments to all warehouses
- Schedule and coordinate shipments to all warehouses.
- Manage all Receiving
- Manage/Train WMS Systems
- Coordinate material needs to production lines based on daily schedules
- Coordinate unloading of shipping containers, organizing and maintaining supplies
- Collaborate with Production Planning to ensure materials are delivered in a timely manner
- Manage all physical inventory at multiple locations
- Manage warehouse staff on multiple shifts
Educational & Other Job Requirements
- Position Requires a Bachelor's degree & 5 Years' experience in a related field and relevant experience
- WMS Proficient and TECYS WMS preferred
- Travel Required
- Forklift Certified
- Proficient in Excel, Access, Crystal Reports, MAS200, and Sequel preferred
- Detail Orientated & SOX experience
- Developing Budgets
- Analyze and resolve scheduling and inventory issues that would cause production delays
- Safety Management
- Developing Standards and Managing Processes
- Inventory Control & Reporting Skills
- Develop/Maintain Equipment and routine inspections
- Salary Position
- Medical, Vision, Life, Dental, 401K
Sterno Products is the leading manufacturer and marketer of portable food warming fuel and creative table lighting solutions for the foodservice industry. Sterno Products' product line includes wick and gel chafing fuels, butane stoves and accessories, liquid and traditional wax candles, catering equipment and lamps. For over 100 years, the iconic "Sterno" brand has been synonymous with quality, canned heat. The heritage of reliability and innovation continues today, as Sterno Products continues to bring to market new products that give foodservice industry professionals greater control over food quality and decor.
Wed, 10 May 2017 15:39:12 PDT