Corporate Relations/ Marketing Internship
Baby2Baby is a non-profit organization that provides low-income children, ages 0-12, with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. By distributing new and gently used items to over 90 non-profit partner organizations including homeless and domestic violence shelters, Head Start programs and other social service agencies, Baby2Baby will serve more than 125,000 children this year.
About the Internship
Baby2Baby is seeking 1-2 hard-working, mission-driven, PR/marketing-focused interns to join our fast-paced office starting in September for 12-16 weeks and 15-20 hours/week. With a PR/marketing focus, these interns will have the opportunity to assist the Baby2Baby team with key work in the areas of social media, general marketing and corporate relations.
In addition, all Baby2Baby interns will spend time in the Baby2Baby warehouse, assisting the Warehouse Coordinator with daily activities and distribute items for families in need. Interns will also learn about the Los Angeles non-profit and social service sectors, and how Baby2Baby accomplishes its mission.
- Social Media assistance including drafting posts, responding to followers and building audience
- Assistance creating and updating a wide-range of marketing materials, including Press Kits, and the Baby2Baby Website
- Assistance managing with Corporate Donors and Event sponsors
- Media/Blogger outreach
- Gift bag assistance for all Playdates
- Working with the Warehouse team to inventory incoming donations and with staff from partner organizations picking up donations
- Responding to general phone inquiries
- Pitching in on other projects and requests, as needed
Qualifications and Experience
- Prior PR and/or marketing experience
- Friendly, outgoing, and personable, ability to handle delicate situations with grace
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- A personal cell phone and laptop
- Access to personal transportation
- Experience with Photoshop a plus
Baby2Baby Internships are volunteer, unpaid positions.
To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience.
Baby2Baby, led by co-presidents Kelly Sawer Patricof and Norah Weinstein, provides low-income children ages 0-12 with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. By distributing to over 120 non-profit partner organizations including homeless and domestic violence shelters, Head Start programs, and children hospitals, Baby2Baby will serve more than 150,000 children this year.
Los Angeles, CA
Fri, 5 May 2017 09:26:09 PDT