NCI: As the Software Engineer ( Software Engineer IV ) who is passionate about shipping code, you will develop software solutions using open source technologies working in an Agile environment. You will be part of a high-performing team of developers and engineers creating state-of-the-art software to support mission-critical systems for a Federal agency. This is a great opportunity to develop dynamic, web-based applications utilizing cutting-edge, cloud-based technologies and modern best-practices. We are seeking innovative software engineers who are enthusiastic about Agile software development. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments .
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and support web-based applications and APIs.
- Write quality code with a goal of 0 defects and 100% code coverage.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks with a wide degree of creativity and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Contribute to application development on multiple large-scale, mission-critical systems.
- Participate in all phases of the Agile product lifecycle, including design, development, and deployment.
- Work collaboratively as a key contributor on a high performing team that ships code and delivers value.
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 8 years of experience with Java software programming technologies including J2EE with Spring and Hibernate.
- 3 years of experience with JSF.
- 6 years of experience analyzing, designing and implementing integration solutions with increasing team leadership responsibilities.
- 4 years of experience with software development in an Agile team environment using Scrum methodology.
- Prior working experience communicating and managing relationships with multiple audiences (developers, operations, stakeholders, and senior management).
- Master's degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, or related.
- Prior experience working on software development contracts for the Federal government.
- Full stack development experience (server-side, client-side, database).
- Cloud services experience (AWS).
- Database experience (PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL, DynamoDB).
- Enterprise search experience (Solr, Elasticsearch).
- Authentication and single sign-on (SSO) experience.
- Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) DevOps experience.
- Public portfolio of software development work on GitHub.
facebook Twitter LinkedIn
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
NCI is a leading provider of enterprise solutions and services to U.S. defense, intelligence, health and civilian government agencies. The company has the expertise and proven track record to solve its customers most important and complex mission challenges through technology and innovation. NCI's team of highly skilled professionals focuses on delivering cost-effective solutions and services in the areas of agile development and integration; cybersecurity and information assurance; engineering and logistics; big data and data analytics; IT infrastructure optimization and service management; and health and program integrity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, NCI has approximately 2,000 employees operating at more than 100 locations worldwide.
Wed, 26 Apr 2017 08:47:25 PDT