Right here in Austin, Texas, Four Hands LLC is one of the largest distributors of lifestyle home furnishings in North America. Our products can be seen in most major furniture retailers throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. As both a designer and distributor, with over 60,000 square feet of wholesale showroom space and thousands of products that we sell, our product is constantly changing.
We are looking to hire an experienced Product Developer to be responsible for designing and developing proprietary case pieces for multiple product categories. This person should have the ability to identify new trends in the home and fashion industries and be able to translate them into sellable goods. A strong candidate will embody the skills needed to actively work with our manufacturers and internal development team on product cost, construction, and quality assurance. This is a key results-driven role on the Four Hands Product Development team that will have a direct impact on our product offerings. This Product Developer will report to the Creative Director.
- Develop proprietary designs and manage product buys over multiple categories
- Attend domestic and international furniture and design markets to identify emerging trends and translate them into sellable goods
- Negotiate first cost of product to achieve compelling wholesale prices while maintaining high profit margins
- Evaluate product lines for multiple categories in order to target new opportunities for development
- Work with manufacturers on design, construction and quality specifications, as well as manage timelines to ensure vendors meet market deadlines
- Communicate with international Product Development teams to ensure all incoming products are of the highest quality, design, and value
- Manage and maintain communications with internal departments assuring that all aspects of new product development are completed
- Propose development strategies which could drive growth within the Four Hands product line
- Identify and propose new manufacturers to bring into the Four Hands' vendor matrix
- Domestic and international travel (30% annually) to develop and source new product
- BA or BBA in Industrial Design, Merchandising, International Business or related fields
- 3 to 5 years of experience in International Product Development, preferably furniture/home goods
- Strong understanding of furniture construction, finish and packaging techniques
- Understanding of raw material and vendor capabilities based on country
- Knowledge of proactive costing and product engineering techniques
- Ability to develop product that is market-ready at the first sample
- Excellent time and calendar management skills with the ability to hit product deadlines
- Knowledge of international air and ocean freight shipping procedures and certifications
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to communicate through language barriers
Four Hands is the industry's one-stop resource for lifestyle home furnishings, delivering the best in product, design, quality, value, customer service, innovative sales/marketing programs and global supply chain management. Our customers range from small individual retailers all over the globe to large multi-store regional and national chains that we work with on exclusive product development and container programs. In addition, interior and commercial designers rely on Four Hands everyday as an innovative design and business partner. Over the last 15 years, Four Hands has grown from importer to providing retail solutions and resources for our customers. Today, we deliver an incredible array of brands that offer designs for any style and price points for any budget. Four Hands has an unwavering passion for creating high-quality, thoughtfully designed home furnishings that inspire the soul.
As the ultimate explorers of style, we literally and quite happily go to the ends of the earth in search of the optimal blend of cultural influences for our award-winning furniture collections. We have spread our wings, sparking a passion for creativity and expanding beyond our strong ethnic origins into traditional, transitional and modern design.
Four Hands is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Wed, 10 May 2017 12:08:41 PDT