Front Office Manager
The Front Office Manager position requires general first-line supervisory experience and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Customer Service skills are valuable as well as the ability to operate a computer and multi-task. The primary function of Assistant Dispatch Supervisor is to assist the Operations Manager(s) with the day-to-day supervision and management of Dispatch; as well as perform all Dispatcher duties (i.e. receive tow requests and direct/dispatch the tow trucks efficiently, effectively and strategically). Our goal is to provide exceptional customer service while operating in the most efficient manner possible.
- Previous supervisory and computer experience.
- Knowledge of streets, cross-streets, highway exits and directions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Adhere to all URT policies and procedures;
- Acts as first line supervisor for designated dispatch staff, conducting training, overseeing work, participating in disciplinary decisions and actions, and enforcing appropriate performance standards in accordance with Management objectives;
- Monitors and validates the accuracy of entries into the TOPS system, including scanning, filing and maintaining paperwork associated with TOPS entries;
- Takes requests for assistance, dispatching appropriate unit, and maintaining contact with responding units to gather and supply information;
- Monitors Teletrac interacting with Dispatchers, Call Takers and Call Clearers to ensure timely response to all requests for service;
- Maintains on-going communications and coordination of activities between Dispatch, customers and Operations Manager(s);
- Monitors the phone and radio systems to ensure front office is running to expectations
- Must be able to operate employees, handle scheduling, personnel and equipment issues coordinates and implements corrective measures;
- Receive and respond to calls from customers, law enforcement agencies and co-workers via telephone and radio systems and computer-aided dispatch (CAD) systems;
- Process and evaluate information received, dispatch required trucks by closest availability;
- Monitors and coordinates driver activity and assignments via communication devices;
- Maintains status and locations of all drivers;
- Utilizes technology such as computers, radio systems, telephones, fax machines and other communication equipment;
- Accesses and enters data into TOPS immediately and accurately;
- Ensure all flatbed drivers double up on tows, unless advised by dispatch to bring in a single unit;
- Notify Driver Leads immediately of any driver related issues during your shift;
- Notify your General Manager of any issues you feel are urgent or of importance;
- Answer all phone calls in a courteous, friendly, assistive, professional and timely manner (calls must be answered in 3 rings or less);
- For all non-law enforcement calls advise driver of Customer name, call back number, year, make, model, color, location of breakdown (in some cases name of county and State), direction of travel, destination, reason for tow, method of payment.;
- Understand all pricing structures whether it's for charge customers, COD's customers, PI customers and law enforcement tows. This also includes USAC, Cross Country, Nations Safe Drivers, Coach Net, Southwest Gas, A-Cab, Desert Pontiac, Manheim, VIP rates and Penske;
- Assists Customer Service with releases, lot visits and phone calls as needed;
- Supervise the notification of Sunrise facility or Customer Service when a transport vehicle (Rain Tree Transport or DAS Transport) arrives for delivery or pickup;
- Process cash, credit cards, checks and A/R information from drivers throughout the day and upon their final check out from their shift;
- Answers questions from customers or individuals. If you are unable to assist the customer with the right answer request their name and number, call your Manager so they can assist them;
- Ensure you advise customers of your name when quoting a price;
- Call driver leads or manager in the event all scheduled drivers are on active calls to alert them of business demands so the leads can contact on-call drivers;
- Notify law enforcement via Email or fax within 60 minutes of towing all Private Impounds, Walk and Tags and Immediate Tows;
- Always represent the company in a positive and assistive manner;
- May perform other functions as requested by the General Manager.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of English language for spelling and proper word usage;
- Knowledge of heavy, medium, light duty and Landoll rates for clearing out DR's and quoting of prices for local tows;
- Knowledge of computer technology and equipment;
- Knowledge of all services we provide and customer base;
- Skill in multi-tasking, coordinating simultaneous mental, manual and visual activities;
- Skill in observing situations analytically and objectively and relaying details accurately;
- Skill in communicating using two-way radio and telephone equipment;
- Skill in operating a variety of communications equipment effectively;
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely;
- Ability to think clearly and act expeditiously;
- Ability to objectively assess personnel issues;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and co-workers;
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency;
- Ability to Communicates with customers, drivers and co-workers in a courteous and professional manner;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, work instructions, software manuals;
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence;
- Ability to speak and communicate well with customers;
- Ability to input and retrieve data from various and appropriate data system(s).
Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, work instructions, software manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak and communicate well with customers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to make decisions or carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
United Road Towing, Inc. is the leader in towing, recovery, impound, and vehicle management solutions in both the private and public sectors. Through an extensive portfolio of local and regional brands, the Company dispatches approximately 500,000 tows, manages over 300,000 impounds and sells over 60,000 vehicles annually across the United States.
Keystone Towing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a Drug-Free Workplace.
Van Nuys, CA
Fri, 28 Apr 2017 14:05:51 PDT