Our client has an immediate need for a Software Developer / Application Developer who will have the opportunity to design and develop software interfaces from the ground up, across a wide range of platforms and technologies.
The ideal candidate will have 3-10 years of experience in software development, hands-on experience developing software products (not just implementing), experience working with mobile apps, and a good educational background with at least a 3.0 GPA.
This is a full-time role located in Quakertown, PA or Center City Philadelphia.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Architect stable, efficient, and scalable software upon which world-class user interfaces can easily be built
- Design maintainable, elegant, and lasting solutions to meet a wide variety of requirements and feature sets while working closely with a team of other highly skilled engineering professionals to deliver top-quality software to the end user
- Balance a variety of tasks related to: requirements gathering, user interface design, protocol and communications architecture, database and object model design, software development, testing, trouble-shooting, and software maintenance
- Mentor and coach colleagues to expand the effectiveness of those around you
- Assure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of others on your team via good coding practices, process improvements, clean designs, smart testing and review practices
Experience and Skills Required:
- 3+ years of industry experience in the field of application software development
- Experience working with mobile apps (iOS or Android)
- Experience working on product development / Developing software products
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with various design patterns
- Strong working knowledge of good programming techniques, and familiarity with object-oriented design, database design principles, and basic user-interface design concepts
- Excellent Communication skills with all departments and disciplines
- Skillful at solving problems with enthusiasm and creativity
- Technical experience required in the majority of the areas:
- Object-oriented programming concepts (encapsulation, polymorphism, interfaces, etc.)
- High-level programming languages such as C++, C#, Java, Objective-C
- Algorithm design and run-time analysis
- Asynchronous programming techniques
- Basic user-interface design
- Database design (table design, stored procedure development)
Education and Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or something similar, with at least a 3.0 GPA (or equivalent)
- Professional/technical certifications a plus.
Wed, 17 May 2017 10:38:04 PDT