AutoCAD ACG Layout Engineer
AutoCAD AGC Layout Engineer
Reports To: Engineering Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Working at Autocraft is an opportunity to directly impact the future of American manufacturing. Autocraft invests in people because we believe it is our people who differentiate our solutions and our company from our competitors. For over 50 years our company has committed dedicated creative minds to conceptualize and design manufacturing solutions for industry.
Autocraft is a leading provider of advanced material handling and assembly systems for the world's biggest manufacturers. Since 1958, Autocraft has partnered with automotive, home appliance, and aerospace customers from its facilities in St. Clair County, Michigan. Autocraft's business units consist of its market-leading AutocartTM Automated Guided Carts (AGC), Material Carriers, patented Work Brake Assembly, and General Assembly Tooling. Autocart employs innovative engineering and lean production principles to deliver safe, effective, and low cost solutions to customers looking to optimize material flow in their operations.
Autocraft serves a loyal and blue-chip customer base of leading industrial original equipment manufacturers ("OEMs") that include Boeing, Honda, Toyota, Johnson Controls, Carrier, Whirlpool, Nissan, Kawasaki, Ford, Chrysler, and General Motors. Autocraft is a 2016 Honda Performance Excellence Award recipient. For additional information, please visit www.auto-craft.com
Autocraft has a vibrant automated guided cart (AGC) business unit that's poised to expand aggressively. Our Autocart brand of AGCs are used by the world's largest manufacturers to safely and reliably transport materials. Our material handling systems consist of many components including the AGC, charging stations, companion frames, on-deck tooling, and a guidance system. Quoting, designing, building, and installing turnkey AGC systems is complex and an AutoCAD AGC Layout Engineer is a critical role in our process and a key component to our growth plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead design studies to establish AGC cart counts, layouts, and process flows to build cost-optimal and high performing systems for our customers.
• Learn the Autocraft processes to manage system installations, changes, and troubleshooting at customer locations.
• Interact with the Business Development, Project Management, and Operations functions to deliver cost-optimal and high performing systems to our customers.
• Create field sketches and layouts.
• Demonstrate Engineering professionalism in all activities and provide efficient service to customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be professional, proactive, and positive. Having a passion for exceptional customer service and support is a must. Being sensitive to the unpredictable demands and uncertainties associated with customer service is a requisite to delivering superior results and exceeding the expectations of very demanding customers.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD.
• Experience in material conveyance or any material handling business is highly preferred.
• An ability to travel within the U.S. and Canada to visit customer sites.
• Must have basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Highly organized.
PLEASE SEE OUR NEW WEBSITE: WWW.AUTO-CRAFT.COM
Marine City, MI
Wed, 17 May 2017 14:01:48 PDT