Satellite Field Service Technician
VSD, LLC is currently seeking a Satellite Field Service Technician. The candidate will be required to perform installations, troubleshooting, testing and modification of Very Small Aperture Terminals (VSAT) and Stabilized TV Receive Only (TVRO) Systems. Candidates must have experience with shipboard Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) systems. Successful candidates will possess an ACTIVE security clearance and Passport.
- Job Title: Field Engineer
- Location: Norfolk, VA
- Salary: $35,411.00 - $39,577.00
- Experience: 4 Years U.S Navy Electronic Technician (ET) or Interior Communication Electrician (IC)
- Install telecommunications equipment at customer sites.
- Read, interpret, and implement job specifications.
- Run, secure, and terminate cable.
- Assemble frames, superstructure and miscellaneous hardware.
- Perform required testing of installed wiring using specifications and drawings.
- Label and stencil equipment and cabling.
- Install and connect basic AC and control cable wiring.
- Maintain satisfactory quality performance levels.
- Timely and accurate completion of necessary operations paperwork (e.g. expense reports, time sheets, job documentation, etc.)
- Provide daily job status reports as requested.
- May be required to assume responsibility for successful completion of basic installation projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Ability to lift up to a maximum of 75 pounds.
- Ability to climb a ladder.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Good customer service and administrative skills.
- Ability to travel locally, national, and international.
- Own basic tools with the ability to use them as appropriate.
- Computer operation knowledge (Word, Excel, and test software).
- 4 Year of shipboard CCTV installation & troubleshooting experience.
VSD LLC, has over ten years of history with the United States Navy in the areas of training analysis, training design, and computer-based training for the various government and U.S. Navy Commands.
Wed, 17 May 2017 08:41:49 PDT