The Quality Engineer is responsible for supporting product quality by establishing quality standards, supporting and facilitating action requests, tracking and analyzing internal quality performance supporting quality system requirements within the manufacturing processes.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Support continuous improvement initiatives to achieve cost reduction targets.
- Maintain ISO 9001 requirements and leads and supports all aspects of compliance and continuous improvement programs through internal and external quality audits.
- Coordinates quality deployment activities with Manufacturing and Engineering to help in the design and process qualifications for inspection requirements, including training.
- Stream line standard Quality Systems and procedures.
- Supports and collaborates with all departments to prioritize opportunities and develop project plans to improve operations and processes.
- Create SOP's and guidance documents using technical writing practices
- Identify opportunities to improve manufacturing processes, Lean etc.
- Technical support of customers ensuring quality standards are understood, transferred appropriately and executed
- Investigates internal/external customer complaints regarding quality and ensures corrective actions are submitted in a timely manner.
- Communicate clearly and directly with employees concerning quality performance expectations, productivity, and accountability.
Qualifications and Competencies:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, behaviors and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Quality Systems, Engineering or related field.
- ASQ Certification
- 5 years of experience in Quality supporting manufacturing and managing a team of direct reports. Experience in metal fabrication, welding, stamping, heavy truck, construction equipment and/or military industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge of quality systems, PPAP, FMEA, APQP, SPC and Control plans.
- Demonstrated experience working with Lean initiatives, 8D root cause analysis, correction action planning, Poke Yoke.
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Results oriented leadership style with a focus on continuous improvement and execution
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills, with an emphasis on innovative and creative solutions that result in higher profitability.
- Operates with high integrity; builds trust, quickly wins and sustains credibility in relationship with others
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts; Professionally assertive
Defiance Metal Products is a full service metal stamper, fabricator and painter of medium volume components and assemblies for the military vehicle, commercial vehicle, construction equipment and agricultural equipment OE Markets; Serving customers from multiple locations across the United States with certified quality systems. This privately owned company has been in business since 1939. The Company enjoys numerous customer quality and service, as well as safety awards.
Heber Springs, AR
Wed, 3 May 2017 10:25:32 PDT