- Revised --
Reporting to the Associate Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Coordinator will:
- Assist with the time and leave process, including the processing of timesheets, analyzing data for accuracy and records maintenance for various employee groups on campus in accordance with the union contracts and CUNY guidelines.
- Prepare compliance reports related to time and leave information including, but not limited to, the annual CUNY report capturing leave balances (annual and sick) for all employees, and monthly annuity reports for Section 220 employees and Public Safety employees in accordance with CUNY guidelines.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of employee time and leave policies and procedures. Ensure accuracy of data in time and leave system.
- Work with the Associate Director of Human Resources, as well as the department heads, to investigate employee time and leave issues or complaints.
- Process bi-weekly personnel time and leave transactions, and provide departments with information on employee time and leave matters.
- Maintain high customer service and respond to employee inquiries in a timely manner.
- Assist with data entry to ensure accurate employee records.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Associate Director.
Bachelor's Degree required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides information and services to the College community to support the Human Resources function.
- Prepares and executes various personnel transactions involving employee recordkeeping, processing of new hires, pay administration, and recruiting
- Maintains an understanding of policies, procedures, regulations, and collective bargaining agreements relevant to human resources
- Organizes and processes employee information; develops and maintains reports and queries; assures data accuracy and completeness
- Responds to requests for information; troubleshoots issues, follows up and responds to employee inquiries
- Assists HR managers with employee communications of all kinds; may prepare materials, conduct orientation sessions, or update web pages
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: HR Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: City College of New York
Job Title: HR Coordinator
Job ID: 15370
Full/Part Time: Full-Time