Dean, School of Professional and Community Development
Medgar Evers College, The City University of New York (Medgar Evers) believes that education has the power to positively transform the lives of individuals, and that education is the right of all. A dynamic and vibrant institution, its mission is to provide higher education for the underserved populations of Central Brooklyn through high-quality, professional and career-oriented undergraduate degree programs.
A four-year liberal arts college, Medgar Evers is a beacon of educational opportunity, culture, and success to the New York City community and beyond. The College is dedicated to making a positive impact on the surrounding community and pioneering initiatives that will create success for even the youngest learners in Central Brooklyn.
The College seeks an experienced administrator in youth and adult programs with a demonstrated track record of management and leadership operations to serve as the Dean of the School of Professional and Community Development. Reporting to Senior Vice President and Provost, the Dean will oversee full and part time employees. The Dean will provide visionary and results oriented leadership in delivering quality and educational opportunities for individuals and organizations, with a special emphasis on training grants and programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage over 20 youth and adult programs and centers (115 employees; $5+ million dollars); operational functions of the School of Community and Professional Development including budget, personnel, funded programs, grants, contracts, and financial information services; and other related administrative matters.
- Collaborate with Academic departments and Enrollment Management and Student Services to continue the pipeline of seamless transition for the young students into matriculation at the College.
- Strengthen link between the programs and community residents.
- Responsible for all daily operations of the School of Community and Professional Development.
- Oversee and supervise operational aspects of funded programs, ensuring the proper execution of financial and related administrative support functions.
- Monitor program budgets and expenditures to ensure appropriate use of funds as well as compliance with all funding source mandates, including state and federal statutes and regulations.
- Supervise personnel functions and activities, ensuring compliance with applicable rules and regulations, laws and special circulars, as well as any other relevant directives and procedures.
- Ensure that all personnel policies provide support for the educational philosophy of the School of Professional and Community Development and the achievement of all identified goals and objectives.
- Evaluate purchasing, budget management and payroll procedures; provides recommendations for improvements, as necessary.
- Recommend changes and strategies to comply with collective bargaining agreements and to improve personnel operations.
- Serve as a member of the President's Administrative Cabinet and participates in formulating policy to ensure maximum use of resources and financial accountability.
- Represent the College on state and university-wide committees and meetings.
- Supervise and develops all grant proposals for city, state and federal levels within the School of Community and Professional Development.
This position is in CUNY's Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience.
A doctoral degree preferred and at least eight years of experience, with at least five years at the managerial level, required. The Dean will bring seasoned experience, vision and energy to the College. This individual will be a strong entrepreneurial and collaborative leader who will embrace change and initiate creative solutions to the needs of students, corporations, and community organizations.
The candidate will have knowledge of the full range of programs and delivery systems for serving adult learners, a capacity for entrepreneurial thinking, ability to manage a team with excellence, strong communication skills, and will demonstrate a proven record of accomplishments in program development including workforce development.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please log on to: www.cuny.edu. Click on "Employment" and scroll down to "Search for Jobs." Click on "Search Job Listings" and slect job category "Executive".
JOB ID: 15498
Applicants must upload one document which includes cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of administrative philosophy, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of at least three professional references.
Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should click the appropriate link to register. Applications must be submitted through CUNYFirst.
Open until filled with resume review to being on December 25, 2016.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Executive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Medgar Evers College
Job Title: Dean, School of Professional and Community Development
Job ID: 15498