IT Support Assistant - Help Desk
I.T. Support Assistants support routine operations and problem resolution of computing and/or communications functions at a College or Unit. They work in technical support, applications development, operations, help desk, and similar environments, as well as in the field where equipment may be located.
Work tasks include as:
- Operating, transporting, adjusting, and installing/configuring computing and related equipment
- Communicating with technology users and staff to understand, identify, document and resolve problems
- Performing simple repairs to computing and related equipment.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
IT Support Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Under the supervision of the Instructional Technology/Client Support Manager, the IT Support Assistant (Evening and Weekend Shift Help Desk) will assist with providing help desk support.
- Resolve minor problems with supervision and notifying others according to department procedure.
- Assist with monitoring activity in area(s) under ITS responsibility, bringing real and potential problems to management's attention as needed.
- Assist with maintaining records and operations logs of work in progress and work completed, and
prepares appropriate reports as required.
- Assist with maintaining system documentation, procedures and other instructions necessary for successful operations.
- Adhere to priorities for area projects, as well as ongoing production and maintenance responsibilities,
within overall network management goals.
- Assist Technicians with customer support.
- Perform initial case logging and intake.
- Provide basic support and problem solving by phone, email, and remote support sessions. Escalate/route issues that require more advanced or specialized resources.
- Assist clients with information requests.
- Route requests and communications to the appropriate parties and functional areas.
- Help maintain related documentation.
- Assist with coordinating requests for use of specialized spaces, equipment, and services.
- Assist with the delivery and installation of equipment and software.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent
- Eighteen months of related full-time work experience or equivalent, such as completion of eighteen college credits in Information Technology
- Demonstrated English Language proficiency
- A Motor Vehicle Driver's license, valid in New York State, may be required for some, but not all positions.
- Must be able to work Monday - Thursday (3 PM - 11 PM) and Sunday (9 AM - 5 PM)
New Hire: $35,964 *
*This amount reflects a13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment only. Subject to financial availability - appointment must be approved by the President and Vice President for Finance and Administration.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application online by clicking on "Apply Now" below. In order to be considered, applicants must upload their cover letter (referenced Job ID # 16717), resume, and contact information (name, phone number, and email address) for three references in rtf, doc or pdf format.
May 30, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Information Technology/Technical
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Brooklyn College
Job Title: IT Support Assistant - Help Desk
Job ID: 16717
Full/Part Time: Full-Time