Administrative Assisatant III
University of Delaware
Job Title Administrative Assisatant III
Job ID 104612
Location Newark, DE
PAY GRADE: 27N
CONTEXT OF JOB:
Under limited supervision, performs a full range of administrative and complex secretarial and/or records duties for 1743 Holdings LLC. Coordinates the implementation and compliance with internal and external administrative policies and procedures. Prioritizes and resolves administrative problems and personnel issues. The principal emphasis is on general administration and office management. A high level of independent judgment is required.
- Prepares and administers all departmental operating budget & expenditure accounts, researches proposed budgets, and budgetary matters related to personnel appointments and salary increases; monitors expenditures, performs analyses, and provides projections
- Coordinates, compiles, and analyzes annual financial statements utilizing complex spreadsheet and database applications. Coordinates the scheduling of all budget turn around communications and acts as liaison with the Department Director, and other Managers.
- Assist and support the management and daily administrative operation of the organization, involved in planning, organizing, and prioritizing daily work flow.
- Collect and maintain data on programs and activities, develops system for record keeping, and prepare various administrative and ad-hoc reports. Conducts sophisticated data analysis or develops expenditure projections.
- Implement and monitor administrative policies, processes, and procedures.
- Serve as liaison for supervisor and staff regarding proper procedural methods and problem resolution; resolve complex administrative/procedural problems.
- Develop appropriate customer service strategies promoting customer satisfaction.
- Manage website updating as it pertains to the STAR Campus projects. Write, edit, and produce memoranda and internal/external communications, including UDaily articles.
- Coordinate weekly program management meetings and calls with technical assistance providers.
- Manage overall 1743 Holdings team calendars.
- Manage program logistics between all partners including consultants, funders, vendors and the 1743 Holdings team.
- Analyze unit financial transactions and recommend approvals using established guidelines; monitor expenses.
- Assist the leadership with special projects and program management.
- May provide training and supervise a support staff including selection, training and evaluation; coordinate work of a support staff involved in a special project.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED, Associate's degree preferred, and three to five years of experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of office management.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data, make independent decisions and judgments in keeping with the level of the position.
- Familiarity with UD accounting system and PeopleSoft financials preferred.
- Ability to prepare reports using reporting and analysis tools such as PeopleSoft Query, UData, and Cognos preferred.
- Knowledge of unit programs, policies and procedures preferred.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to make independent decisions and judgments.
- Ability to use advanced techniques in spreadsheet, database and/or presentation software.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html