DIR, DIVINITY PROGRAMS
DIR, DIVINITY PROGRAMS
Provide direction in the development, coordination and administration of educational programs and other related activities at the Duke University Divinity School. This position is part-time, up to 20 hours per week.
- Plan, develop, design, implement and evaluate programs and activities in response to the mission and strategic vision of the school, as well as the needs of constituents.
- Oversee the design and ongoing operations of the Duke Lay Seminary.
- Leading curriculum design with team of stakeholders & faculty.
- Engaging ministry leaders/stakeholders for contextual practicums.
- Recruit teaching teams of practitioners and scholars in consultation with stakeholders and DLS steering committee.
- Recruit spiritual directors for program.
- Hire and supervise staff who work in the program.
- Provide pedagogical support for teaching teams.
- Foster the multiplication of cohorts in different geographic regions.
- Raise funds for the program.
- Be the primary liaison between Duke Divinity School and the church to establish lay seminaries in their contexts.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- PhD or ThD in Practical Theology, with a preference for Christian spirituality
- Ordination or similar credentials and experience in local church leadership
- Experience in directing contextual theological education, especially linking the academy to the church and to ministries beyond the local church
- Experience working in multiracial, multi-ethnic contexts
- Experience in traditional higher education
- Experience in supervising spiritual directors/formation leaders
- Familiar with current and emerging trends in missional theology and practice
- Team builder
- Agility in adapting to new challenges while designing new programs
2437 DIR, DIVINITY PROGRAMS
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires communications, analytical and organization skillsgenerally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.Masters degree in a related field preferred.
Position requires a minimum of 5 years related experience.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.