RESEARCH SPECIALIST B
Duties: One Research Specialist B or Research Fellow position is available immediately in a bone biology and stem cell biology lab in University of Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine, Philadelphia. We are seeking self-motivated research scientists to study the role and mechanism of novel or known genes in bone-related signal pathways and understanding how these genes regulate craniofacial and bone development and bone diseases by using gene conditional knockout technology. We are also working on gene therapy and stem cell mediated periodontal and craniofacial bone regeneration. The successful candidates will have an excellent opportunity to work on very interesting research projects regarding aging skeleton, bone disease models and primary cilia projects and to be well trained and further develop their research careers.
Qualifications: Required Qualifications:
*BA/BS with 1-2 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
* PhD with a background in bone biology or other related fields strongly preferred
* Basic working knowledge and techniques commonly used in biomedical labs including working on transgenic and knockout mouse models, primary cell culture, western blot, IHC, real time-PCR, and the purification of proteins and nucleic acids
* Research background in bone and/or aging biology
* Experience and skills in transgenic and knockout mice study, genotyping and animal surgery, cell cultures, molecular biology (cloning, mutagenesis, transcriptional analysis, mouse genotyping, isolation of mRNA and analysis, plasmid and retrovirus preparation and gene transfer), protein analysis (Western blot, FACS, IHC/IF and ELISA). Computer literacy including the ability to use a variety of software packages to analyze data
* Ability to independently plan experiments
Candidates should attach a statement of interest and future goals, a curriculum vita, and three letters of reference from mentors familiar with their scientific abilities.
Reference Number: 51-25801
Salary Grade: 025
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Anatomy and Cell Biology
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: I-Technical/Professional Research