Supervise and manage activities in production facilities to meet production goals, quality and cost objectives. Support corporate business objectives by ensuring compliance with all standards, policies and regulations for a safe and environmentally sound operation
- Ensure compliance with all safety and environmental rules and regulations during operating shift.
- Deploy & communicate goals, objectives and performance measurements related to area of responsibility.
- Supervise technical and/or production employees, including training, coaching and leading daily work assignments.
- Prepare reports and maintain records and documentation according to guidelines.
- Participate in cross-functional teams, such as production meetings, safety committee and site business teams.
- Anticipate and determine causes of delays in shift operations and takes appropriate action to meet shipping schedules.
- Report promptly to department managers and production planning department when delays occur, estimates length of delay and when operations will be resumed.
- Coordinate with maintenance and engineering departments for required repair work during shift.
- Understand/create Standard Operating Procedures for areas of responsibility and distribute for personnel training.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of processes and equipment, industry technological developments and best practices.
- Attend all supervisory training.
- Network with vendors, customers and key functional group managers.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of manufacturing process and improvement process.
- Knowledge of LEAN/Toyota Manufacturing System.
- Knowledge of safety, health and environmental rules, laws and requirements.
- Knowledge of HR policies and procedures.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively implement change.
- Ability to develop partnerships with peers.
- Ability to use computer and supporting software.
- Associates' degree in Business, Manufacturing, Engineering, or related field required.
- Bachelors' degree preferred.
- 1 - 3 years' industry experience in Production/Manufacturing.
- 3+ years supervisory/management experience.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Plant environment.
For 60 years, we have been providers of high quality utility and designer wall panels. With a solid hardboard manufacturing facility located in Alpena Michigan, and a superior finishing facility in Toledo Ohio, we are proud to offer one of American's finest wall products worldwide.
DPI is recognized industry-wide as the leader in design style innovation and state-of- the- art manufacturing processes. A perfect fit in virtually every part of a home, DPI wall paneling looks and is comparable to ceramic tile, wall paper, wood wall paneling and even stone and brick masonry.
Alpena County, MI
Sat, 6 May 2017 13:09:23 PDT