Business - EXTERNAL RELATIONS PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Vacancy ID S2107 Job Title EXTERNAL RELATIONS PROGRAM DIRECTOR Department Business School/Parent Organization Business Parent Org Division Provost and Educational Affairs Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 06/26/2017 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52.2 Normal Start Time 8:30 AM Normal End Time 5:00 PM Position/Job Summary
The Ithaca College School of Business invites applications for a full-time External Relations Program Director. The Director will: develop and implement a comprehensive external relations program for the School of Business and provide assistance with strategic management of the program; engage in outreach activities to establish and maintain relationships with alumni, representatives of business, government, and non-profit organizations to ensure the School of Business meets program objectives; work with the Division of Institutional Advancement and the Office of Career Services to develop partnerships, internships, and employment opportunities and achieve common goals; collaborate on, attend, and participate in activities such as career fairs, networking events, alumni visits, and other career-related events to improve placement outcomes for School of Business students; meet regularly with students individually and in groups to discuss their career development plans; and assist students as they engage in the internship and career search process.
1. Develop and implement a comprehensive external relations program to increase the visibility of the School of Business students to alumni and employers by identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding business and alumni involvement. Establish long-term partnerships and strengthen existing relationships with employers and alumni to assist School of Business students.
2. Collaborate with faculty and the Division of Institutional Advancement to identify potential partnerships; increase alumni participation; provide ongoing contact and support for active employers; and craft opportunities for in-person meetings with alumni and business representatives.
3. Build on the relationship with the Business Advisory Council and extend outreach to include more partnerships with alumni and the business community.
4. Develop strategies for incorporating alumni and business involvement with students to enhance their professional development.
5. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College.
6. Coordinate resources available to students to include developing, expanding, and maintaining a list of activities for student engagement with alumni and business representatives. Identify and solicit internship, experiential learning, and employment opportunities for School of Business students from alumni, area organizations, and prior year's host organizations.
7. Work in conjunction with the Assistant Dean and the Office of Career Services to ensure students have received proper and current training and skill development to include rsum preparation, job-search strategies, career information, interviewing, and networking skills that reflect current best practices.
8. Establish and implement programs that involve students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Assist with career-related panel discussions, speaker events, and other programming in consultation with student groups, faculty, and other campus organizations. Coordinate marketing and logistics of special alumni events and gatherings.
9. Develop a budget to support student/alumni events, travel, relationship-building and other expenses associated with implementing an external relations program. Request approval for, monitor, and track expenditures.
10. Collect and disseminate statistical data including but not limited to student, alumni and employer engagement activities as well as graduate internship, experiential learning, and placement data. Solicit input and provide feedback on methods to more effectively serve students, alumni and employers.
11. Share contact reports with the Dean and Division of Institutional Advancement staff as appropriate.
12. Coordinate with internal constituencies on content and information for news releases and/or feature stories and profiles regarding notable alumni and employer involvement.
13. Perform activities supporting the activities of the Dean's office as needed and appropriate. Participate in special projects as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in business or closely related field; a minimum of five years' experience working effectively with employers and/or alumni in either a corporate setting (which could include human resources/recruiting, sales and marketing, public relations, or business development) or college setting (which may include development, career counseling or employer, alumni, and volunteer relations); demonstrated understanding of internship and job market trends for business school students and graduates and knowledge of the business community; and the flexibility to travel extensively and work nights and weekends in support of events are required. Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills; well-developed relationship management skills; experience with heavy public contact in situations requiring keen judgment and innovation, the ability to effectively work and interact respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment and relate and understand the needs of a diverse student and alumni population; and demonstrated ability to work effectively with a broad range of internal and external constituents are highly desired.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at ithaca.edu/jobs and attach a resume, cover letter, and list of three professional references. Questions about the online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately. To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be received by May 8, 2017.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. Our strategic plan, IC 20/20, positions us to offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range $62,000 to $67,000 FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).