SESS Academic Coordinator
The School of Education and Social Services is currently seeking candidates to fill the position of Academic Coordinator.
The primary responsibility will be to provide administrative support for the Undergraduate Education Program in the School of Education and Social Services.
In addition to your resume, the following documents are required for consideration. Please upload documents in one file (.PDF or Word) to the APPLICANT PACKET section of the application:
- Cover Letter
- Values Statement
- One (1) Letter of Reference
Incumbent will assist the School of Education and Social Services with the following duties and tasks:
- Answer the phone, direct incoming calls or inquiries.
- Coordinate ordering faculty files for clearances.
- Assist director with scheduling and preparing course transmittals, prepare adjunct contracts, run and review budget reports, requisitions for purchasing, maintain department records, order office supplies, correspondence and mail.
- Use reporting system for gathering data that will assist director.
- Assist with meetings and retreats; use 25 Live to schedule rooms.
- Submit Catering, Media VTT, and Parking Permit requests for events.
- Track RSVPs for Undergraduate Education events.
- Prepare Certificates of Completion for people attending events.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required.
- Participates in University functions as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean, Associate Dean, and the Director of the Education Program.
- Take minutes for Education Faculty Meetings.
- Assist with Education internship documentation and tracking placement.
- Maintain Education Facebook page.
- Prepare electronic Education Summative forms in Qualtrics.
- Track ESOL qualification for Education faculty.
- Track demographics of schools in which Education students intern.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks.
- The ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to use computer programs Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet, and Datatel.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Director of Education.
- High School Diploma and two (2) years office related/clerical experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Associates degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university, preferred.
Job ID 2017-1429
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo