PeopleSoft Developer - Remote Work Opportunity Available
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 05-17-2017
The PeopleSoft Developer works within a team environment and will be responsible for the technical analysis, design, development, coding, testing and support of software applications for the PeopleSoft systems including Human Capital Management (HCM), Campus Solutions (CS), and Interaction Hub (IH or Portal).
Technical Duties include, but not limited to:
- Performing Software engineering both long-term and day-to-day maintenance as well as provide technical analysis around how we use and should adopt and/or modify various functionalities.
- Perform Technical Support & Incident Management providing subject-matter expertise on database best practices.
- Provide proactive analysis including ad-hoc queries for analysis, reporting, and tuning.
- Create, Maintain and Update System and Configuration Specific documentation like Environment Diagrams, Security and Integration Mappings.
- Perform Core and Integration Testing of all planned Changes.
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
2. Two (2) years' work experience in a Developer/Programmer role
3. Two (2) or more years' work experience in PeopleSoft Technical Role ideally as a Developer with PeopleSoft App Designer doing PeopleCode, SQRs, Application Engines, Workflows, Component Interfaces, Data Mover Scripts, Portal in PeopleSoft HCM, Campus Solutions with PeopleTools 8.5 or higher.
4. Two (2) years' work experience in software testing including creating test plans, creating test cases, test execution, and documenting defects
5. Two (2) years' work experience collecting technical requirements and designing appropriate process and/or software solutions
6. Two (2) years' work experience in higher education administrative systems
7. Understanding of relational database concepts, design, and SQL queries
8. Two (2) years' experience with Source Control, Defect Management, and Incident Management Software Tools
9. Demonstrated experience in software testing, including unit testing and integration testing
10. Strong customer service skills along with a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
11. Strong Problem Solving ability
12. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to conduct internal and external meetings
13. Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment with good communication and collaboration skills
14. Demonstrated ability to work with considerable latitude and independence of action.
15. Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate complex technical concepts verbally and in writing to management, technical staff, and customers in terms appropriate for each audience
16. Demonstrated ability to analyze large amounts of detailed information, quickly understand complex issues, and break information down into smaller pieces more manageable pieces
17. Demonstrated ability to leverage Microsoft Visio, and Excel
18. Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements
19. Strong analysis, research, and time management skills, reflected in the ability to derive and document technical specifications and designs
20. Foundation qualification in Information Technology Infrastructure (ITIL) v3 or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire
21. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Advanced Degree in Technically related discipline from accredited institution
2. 5 or more years' work experience in PeopleSoft Technical Role ideally as a Developer with PeopleSoft App Designer doing PeopleCode, SQRs, Application Engines, Workflows, Component Interfaces, Data Mover Scripts, Portal in PeopleSoft HCM, Campus Solutions with PeopleTools 8.5 or higher.
3. Experience deploying and consuming Web Services and Message based communications ideally through PeopleSoft Integration Broker
4. Strong project, analysis, and research skills
5. Ability to accurately estimate development work effort
6. Experience collecting technical requirements and designing appropriate process and/or software solutions
7. Experience in higher education administrative systems
8. Knowledge of other web related technologies useful: XML/XSL, CSS
9. Experience in Modeling Techniques: UML (Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Usability)
10. An interest in learning new tools and methods
11. Formal Training classes on PeopleSoft Tools and technology
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.