Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 05-17-2017
The PeopleSoft Application Administrator works within a team environment to maintain, optimize, and provide technical expertise for PeopleSoft enterprise information systems (Software Applications and Hardware Components). The incumbent oversees PeopleSoft Applications acting as a part of a cohesive Admin Team overseeing our PeopleSoft HCM, Campus Solutions, and Interaction Hub environments and related add-ons.
- Perform Application Administration and Maintenance which includes tasks like Software Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting, Performance Tuning, Monitoring, Change Management, Patching, Automation and Integrations.
- Provide technical analysis around how we use and should adopt and/or modify various functionalities of assigned applications.
- Perform Technical Support & Incident Management providing subject-matter expertise on application setup best practices.
- Provide basic Database Administration and Analysis including ad-hoc queries for analysis and reporting.
- Create, Maintain and Update System and Configuration Specific documentation.
- Create test plans and perform testing on application changes.
1. Bachelor's degree from accredited institution
2. At least 6 months of experience using and/or supporting PeopleSoft Applications such as Human Capital Management (HCM), Campus Solutions, Financials
3. At least 6 months of experience performing system administration duties for software applications such as installation, configuration, data integrity/reconciliation, patch management, technical support.
4. At least 6 months of experience with Source Control, Defect Management, and/or Incident Management Software Tools
5. Demonstrated ability to learn and perform system administration duties for PeopleSoft
6. Strong Problem Solving ability
7. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to conduct internal and external meetings
8. Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment with good communication and collaboration skills
9. Demonstrated ability to work with considerable latitude and independence of action.
10. Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate complex technical concepts verbally and in writing to management, technical staff, and customers in terms appropriate for each audience
11. Demonstrated ability to analyze large amounts of detailed information, quickly understand complex issues, and break information down into smaller pieces more manageable pieces
12. Demonstrated ability to leverage Microsoft Visio, and Excel
13. Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements
14. Understanding of 1 or more database applications and relational database concepts such as SQL, ORACLE
15. Understanding of 1 or more query methods and Reporting Tools: SQL, Crystal Reports, SSRS, Cognos, Business Objects
16. General knowledge of IT Infrastructure Hardware: Servers, Storage, Networking, Backups
17. Strong customer service skills along with a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
18. Foundation qualification in Information Technology Infrastructure (ITIL) v3 or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire
19. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Advanced Degree in IT or related field from accredited institution
2. 1 or more years of experience with WebLogic Web Server Software
3. 1 or more years of experience leveraging server scripting languages such as Scripting Languages: PowerShell or Perl or CSH or BASH
4. Knowledge and experience working with different Server Operating Systems such as Windows Server 2008R2 or 2012, Redhat Enterprise Linux, Oracle Enterprise Linux
5. Strong project, analysis, and research skills
6. Experience in software testing including creating test plans, creating test cases, test execution, and documenting defects
7. Experience collecting technical requirements and designing appropriate process and/or software solutions
8. An interest in learning new tools and methods
9. Understanding of relational database concepts and query methods
10. Experience in higher education administrative systems
11. Experience working with hosted or vendor managed cloud based applications
12. Formal Training and Certifications like Oracle, RedHat
13. Basic knowledge of programming languages useful: HTML, XML/XSL, CSS
14. Basic knowledge of a scripting language such as Powershell, BASH, perl
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.