Decision Support Analyst (San Antonio, TX and Falls Church, VA)
Knowesis has guided the Air Force Medical Service's Analytics capability for over 10 years. Our team is comprised of a cadre of data scientists will support sanctioned projects and optimization activities with data mining, analysis, recommendations, implementation, monitoring, and continuous improvement. Conduct and manage research, analysis, and optimization projects with coordination from multiple functional areas, departments, and organizations. Our Decision Support Analyst will be a qualified Data Scientist that can work independently and as part of a team to apply all aspects of data science to meet our clients needs.
This work will be performed at the either the client in San Antonio, TX, the Defense Health Headquarters in Falls Church, VA or at Knowesis' offices in Fairfax, VA. This position requires an active Secret clearance and the ability to maintain such clearance.
Position Requirements/Specific Tasks:
- The individual will support the team lead in implementing the organization's strategy and business processes related to information and information management
- They will perform, collection, analysis, and reporting of data
- The individual will translate data analysis findings and research principles into written documents and presentations.
- They will manipulate and transform data through the use of databases, spreadsheets, and queries for purposes implementing prescribed methodologies and clean and validate data.
- Have hands-on experience with both SAS and SQL programming for purposes of querying very large databases
- Comfortable Writing software to clean and investigate large, messy data sets of numerical and textual data
- Possess data presentation capabilities using Tableau, Qlikview, SAS, MS SSRS or other visualization tools
- Have solid understanding of database concepts
- Basic statistical concepts and sampling methods
- Strong presentation development and writing skills (e.g., proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word)
- Ability to translate requirements into products
- Ability to work within small teams to complete a project
- Strong written and oral skills required
The qualified candidate will;
- Have extensive experience with Military Health System (MHS) Management Analysis & Reporting Tool (M2), Medical Data Repository (MDR) Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS), and the TRICARE military health program.
- 3+ years SQL code development to manipulate and extract data from very large databases
- Database development and management concepts
- 3+ years developing reporting products in Tableau, Qlikview, Crystal Reports or MS SSRS
Education: Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Psychology (I/O Psychology, Sociology, Information Technology, or Hard Sciences with a focus on research and analysis
Clearance: Candidate must possess or be able to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
San Antonio, TX
Wed, 17 May 2017 09:54:31 PDT