University of Colorado Denver - College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Web Content Manager (temporary position)
Under the direction of the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Web Development team and marketing and communications, the Web Content Manager will help facilitate the creation and migration of websites into the college web content management system based in Drupal. The position will assist with updating and maintaining content on the college's websites, based in the Dean's office. The position will also serve as advisor/trainer to web contacts in the college's academic units. This new position will establish and ensure all sites' adherence to policies, procedures and guidelines. He/she will work closely with the Dean's office leadership team around web communications and serve as the lead content producer/organizer for the college's websites. He/she will identify content needs, author content, assist with site organization and migration of existing content.
This position is expected to last no more than 9 months and will work 20-40 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Training/Experience
- Lead development and administration of the College's website, including graphics management, information architecture, navigation, and content management.
- Assist with administering college's content management services to include the maintenance of image archives, user roles, work flow and guidelines for web publication in Drupal.
- Develop and integrate interactive website tools/widgets.
- Handle simple graphic edits and video file conversion tasks as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Liberal Arts, Computer Science or a closely related field.
- Three years or more of direct experience in web communications and website management.
- Experience managing Drupal websites and or sites in equivalent systems
- Experience with HTML, information architecture, content and text based management solutions.
- Ability to learn Drupal-theming and Drupal module development required.
- Ability to provide estimates of work effort and duration for assigned project tasks.
- Superior analytic and problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of and passion for Web development trends and best practices in content management.
- Advanced experience managing Drupal modules or equivalent modular systems, including WordPress
- Module development experience
- Entry to mid-level content delivery programming in PHP
- Proven communicator and experience supporting novice web system users
- Experience in a higher education, undergraduate and faculty support settings
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Questions may be directed to Tim Stalker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 09540
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30087 - College Liberal Arts & Science
Posting Date: May 17, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Tim Stalker
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00733404