Controls Engineer-Minimal Travel
Initech Global is a leader in the staffing industry, providing consulting, recruiting, and staffing solutions in the fields of information technology, engineering, and manufacturing. Since 2001, Initech Global has been helping companies around the world accomplish their most critical business objectives through our disciplined client service approach, and our unique talent management model. Both client and talent retention continue to surpass 90% since the company's inception fifteen years ago, and we've been recognized by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the US for the last two years. Our clients and employees are the key to our success, and people are at the heart of everything we do. We are Initech Global, and we are Powered By People.
Our customer is located in the Grand Rapids, MI area and is a leader in Special Machine Design/Build. They are in need of a strong Controls Engineer which requires only 20% to 25% travel with the following responsibilities:
Supervise CAD Operators and Engineering Assistants, when required.
Gather information necessary to begin design.
Determine the extent and type of controls required to construct the assigned machine(s).
Size all electric, pneumatic and hydraulic components.
Contact vendors for information needed.
Program logic controllers and any other components necessary including, but not limited to, robots, servo drivers, displays and remote interfaces.
Progress with designs of multiple machines.
Review, resolve and investigate opportunities that arise pertaining to active jobs.
Review procedures and make suggestions for company standards procedures.
Generate bills of material, controls schematics and software required for controls construction.
Maintain network files as required for the controls design department.
Evaluate new and/or additional software.
Review with mechanical engineering intent for machine construction.
Directly supervise and participate in the construction of machine manuals.
Gather all appropriate literature required for the construction of machine manuals.
Resolve problems encountered by manufacturing.
Troubleshoot machines at the customer's facility. Time may be considerable depending on the complexity of the machine(s).
Conduct operator and maintenance training. May be required at the customer's facility.
Participate in and/or lead activities that promote continuous improvements.
Participate in and/or lead activities that support Total Quality Systems.
Participate in and/or lead activities that create a safe working environment.
• Controls bills of material.
• Controls schematics (electric, pneumatic, hydraulic).
• Controls logic and interface software.
• Complete machine troubleshooting.
• Operator training.
• Machine manuals.
• General knowledge of industry products.
• Knowledge of local distributors of products.
• Knowledge of mechanical and controls drafting practices.
• Capable of performing all duties of controls technical assistants.
• Technical writing skills.
• Excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills.
• Computer literacy.
• Demonstrated organizational skills.
• Ability to prioritize and handle many tasks simultaneously.
• Exercise team effort to achieve success.
• Respect for peers, subordinates, supervisors and customers.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Pride in company and concern for corporate image.
• General house keeping of work areas.
• Mechanical aptitude.
• Supervisory skills.
• Minimum Bachelors degree in related engineering field.
• Minimum 5 years experience in controls design and engineering on specialty OEM equipment or equivelant.
• Ability to read controls schematics.
• Ability to draw controls schematics.
• AutoCAD drafting on PC's.
• Programming abilities for Allen Bradley SLC-500 and PLC-5 controllers.
• ABB and Fanuc Robot knowledge helpful.
• Knowledge of machine building practices (wiring, plumbing, etc.).
• Knowledge of machine control practices.
• Knowledge of OSHA, MIOSHA, NEMA, NEC and pertinent industry standards and codes.
Position will require approximately 50 hours/week and overtime is compensated at time and a half. Overall annual compensation range is approximately $75,000.00 to $90.000.00 annual.
Customer offers relocation.
We are located on Cascade Road in Grand Rapids, MI. Customer is based in the Grand Rapids, MI.
"Candidates who are authorized to work in United States are welcome to apply".
Grand Rapids, MI
Thu, 20 Apr 2017 07:59:25 PDT