Construction Technical Drafter/Detailer
Prepare detailed conceptual and working drawings, specifications, and programming documents for comprehensive construction and renovation projects. Leads and coordinates the activities of lower graded drafters and/or other support staff, as appropriate.
Prepares detailed and dimensionally accurate shop drawings, component drawings, fabrication drawings, placement diagrams and bill of materials for metal stud and gypsum fabrications. Components and fabrications will be incorporated into new and renovation construction projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares shop drawings of various components for submission to architects and engineers during the document review process.
- Reviews and evaluates all related construction documents (prepared by others) including architectural drawings, structural drawings, shop drawings and conceptual value engineering sketches, prior to generation of shop and fabrication drawings.
- Performs on site field measurements as required to verify existing conditions, obtain measurements and confirm suitability of proposed components.
- Incorporates components into CADD, Revit and Navisworks files (prepared by others) for review and coordination.
- Edits and/or creates new Revit files for use with MWF software to create panel fabrication drawings and material lists.
- Works with shop supervisor, shop foreman and field installers to coordinate dimensioning and constructability.
- Maintains current knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and systems related to the construction industry.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Completed associates degree in CADD with emphasis on construction and architectural elements.
- Minimum (2) yrs experience in construction related drafting and 3D modeling, including Revit. Experience with Metal Wall Framer.
- Direct involvement with metal framing and gypsum components a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to prepare accurate shop and fabrication drawings, conceptual drawings and placement drawings.
- Experience and ability to use Autocad Design Suite with special emphasis on 2D drawings as deliverables for fabrication and field use, Revit models and Revit add-ons such as MWF framing software.
- Ability to review and understand construction documents from multiple sources.
- Ability to recognize and rectify clashes and discrepancies between document disciplines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Large, progressive, regional Interior Contractor is seeking an individual with drafting and design experience for an immediate opening in our pre-fabrication and cold-formed framing division.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Bedford Heights, OH
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 11:38:24 PDT