Manager of Traffic, Events, and Enforcement
Parking and Transportation Services invites applications for a Manager of Traffic, Events, and Enforcement. This person leads the events and enforcement programs in Parking and Transportation Services by improving current levels of service, increasing revenues, initiating new efficiencies, and improving technologies through the use of industry best practices, data and trend analysis methods, and sound financial oversight practices. Manages the daily operations of the events and enforcement units while making strategic decisions for future growth and operational improvement.
Who we are:
As part of the Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) organization, Transportation Services provides comprehensive transit, fleet management, maintenance, and vehicle lease operations to serve the faculty, staff, students and visitors at the University of Colorado Boulder. The University of Colorado vehicle fleet numbers over 600; a robust transit system moving 1.4 million riders per year at the University of Colorado-Boulder campus; and guidance for driver operations for campuses located in Aurora, Boulder, and Denver. Transportation Services is an auxiliary funded operation with an operating budget of $3 million annually and provides cost effective options to departments at each of the three campuses. The Parking and Transportation Services organization is committed to continuous improvement efforts and rising to the challenges of a diverse and dynamic campus that is in the midst of change and innovation.
As such, we have the unique opportunity to influence the impressions every member of our university community and our visitors. We are team-oriented professionals, dedicated to meeting the needs of our community and providing the highest possible customer service. Experience dynamic growth, self-directed efforts and a challenging but rewarding industry. If you are a strong leader with deep knowledge, skills, and experience, and you have a great positive attitude, please consider joining our team!
What your key responsibilities will be:
Events Program Management
- Develops, implements, and revises campus event operations processes based on data analysis. Determines necessary resources for future events, including personnel support. Negotiates temporary labor contracts and determines best options to supplement existing event labor force.
- Collaborates with campus affiliates to write policies and set expectations for events, including a standard operating procedure that balances both visitors' and campus constituents' event needs.
- Integrates technology to assess various event obligations, ensuring that events do not disrupt campus operations.
- Strategically adapts and innovates event plans to exceed customers' expectations. Maintains a working knowledge of resources committed and resources available.
Enforcement Program Management
- Tracks and analyzes traffic and parking data to create a consistent enforcement policy for campus parking. Analyzes citation data to predict customer behavior and streamline enforcement efforts.
- Promotes parking permit holder compliance through educational campaigns.
- Determines staffing level necessary to safely manage campus access based on ticketing trends, lot capacities, and scheduling optimization. Applies parking management theories to define areas that may need an enhanced enforcement presence.
- Investigates citation disputes and makes a determination based on information gathered from all parties involved, and communicates findings in an impartial manner.
- Develops budget plans based on changing operational needs, equipment renewal and replacement, and staffing levels. Identifies opportunities to optimize budget and sets fiscal priorities based on accounting data trends.
- Creates and revises position descriptions and evaluates employees' performance. Determines appropriate training programs to enhance staff abilities.
- Mentors and consults direct reports on best practices related to operations management and strategic decision making.
- Coordinates with Human Resources throughout the hiring process when hiring direct reports and support staff.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $63,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be strategic. Be adaptable. Be dynamic. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field. Professional experience in business related field may substitute for the degree on a year for year basis.
- Three years of management experience, supervising a staff of at least three employees.
- Two years of fiscal management experience.
What we'd like you to have:
- Three years of event and parking management experience.
- Three years of enforcement experience.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by May 21, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-09299.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10533 - Parking & Transportation Servi
Posting Date: May 17, 2017
Closing Date: May 21, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00002617