Autism Center - 132710
Is this an internal posting only?
Variable Schedule, Monday-Friday, between 7:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
The UNT Kristin Farmer Autism Center (KFAC) conducts evidence-based direct services, research, and training to positively impact individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders, their families, and the community.
The UNT Kristin Farmer Autism Center is seeking to hire an Behavior Analyst to join our team. This position is a professional level position that will provide supervision of direct services to clients including behavior assessment, development and implementation of individualized treatment and intervention plans, including but not limited to areas of: self-help, behavior management, communication, academics, vocational, social interaction and other duties as assigned. Duties are substantially varied. Resolves most issues as they arise. Refers the most complex issues to higher levels.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Develops evidence-based treatment goals, evaluates performance, and reports client progress.
* Trains, consults, and coordinates care with professionals and caregivers.
* Accurately collects, analyzes, and summarizes data, to evaluate outcomes; adjusts treatment goals to achieve therapeutic outcomes.
* Maintains awareness of trends and best practices in the area of autism intervention.
* Supervises the implementation of treatment, and monitors treatment integrity.
* Assists clients with physical needs and personal care according to their needs, including lifting, positioning, feeding, toileting, and personal hygiene.
* Attends and participates in staff meetings, training, and special events as required.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing
The successful candidate will possess a Master's Degree in Applied Behavior Analysis, Special Education, or Psychology, and two years of related work experience. Must obtain national certification as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) within 9 months of employment. BCBA certification must be maintained.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Knowledge of learning and instruction theory and practice, and classroom management.
* Ability to plan, organize, and implement curriculum goals via daily lesson-planning.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Specific degree/licensure/experience may be required for certain positions.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Strong understanding of autism spectrum disorders and evidence-based practices.
* Ability to work with clients with disabilities.
* Ability to be patient, flexible, versatile and cope with stressful situations.
* Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
* In depth knowledge of the principles and practice of Applied Behavior Analysis. This includes general behavioral assessment and Ethical Standards in Behavior Analysis.
* In depth knowledge of the behavioral impact of developmental disabilities, as well as the cognitive, educational, vocational and social challenges encountered by persons with developmental disabilities.
* Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks/goals for self and others.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills with individuals and groups at all professional levels.
* Strong problem solving skills.
* Ability to work effectively with various technology including word processing software, internet based databases, etc.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting