GAMES AND LEARNING RESEARCHER
JOB NO.: 90727-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Research, Scientific, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Terminal
Position Vacancy ID: 90727-AS
Working Title: Games and Learning Researcher
Official Title: RESEARCHER(E05DN) or ASSOC RESEARCHER(E05FN) or ASST RESEARCHER(E05LN)
Hiring Department: A177500-SCHOOL OF EDUCATION/WCER
Anticipated Begin Date: AUGUST 01, 2017
Term: This position will end on JULY 31, 2018.
Minimum $45,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Ph.D. in Education, Evaluation, Learning Sciences, Learning Games, STEM, or related field.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
The successful candidate will have experience and expertise in organizing:
* Inquiry on game-based learning outcomes using data analytics and conventional research designs
* High-quality, interdisciplinary learning game design
* Data analytics research designs that integrate open ended machine learning and data mining approaches
* Iterative user-based evaluation and research processes that inform the design of learning games and that produce valid and reliable information on the results of game play
* Communication initiatives across education stakeholders from policymakers to educators;
* The development, publication and dissemination of research reports for contracts, academic papers and projects that translate technical work to general audiences
The Wisconsin Center for Education Research seeks a researcher interested in evaluating, studying and supporting the development and implementation of digital games for learning. The position would work on projects to measure the outcomes of games for learning, to inform the data collection, and to support the design process for games and simulations. The position would work closely with the Gear Learning Studio, the Field Day Lab and the Fair Play game. Opportunities may exist to also work with other digital media centers at the University of Wisconsin. The position will interact with an interdisciplinary network of faculty, researchers, and game developers. The position is located in the LEAD Center.
This position may be extended or made renewable pending additional funding.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants:
To apply for this position please upload a cover letter addressed to Christine Pribbenow, a current resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 17 May 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 14 Jun 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time