* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Laboratory Animal Resources (OLAR)
Position #733442 - Requisition 09555
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a Training Assistant. This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position will perform the training needs of the Office of Laboratory Animal Resources including creating audio/visual training materials and aids. This position is responsible for ensuring all OLAR staff and University staff are trained in a manner consistent with University policies and in compliance with Regulatory Agency Requirements.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Create, distribute, review and update all training documents, curriculum, and videos in collaboration with OLAR groups and under the oversight of the Administrative Manager.
- Conduct quarterly training reviews of the work group leads to contain and correct any information drift and verify our training matches our stated goals and approved procedures
- Provide job performance feedback about the training performance of the AC IIs for annual performance evaluations.
- Conduct periodic audits of all work group locales and tasks to look for areas where training may be inadequate or where our practices have moved away from our stated goals and approved procedures
- Perform quarterly audit of the training notebook to ensure documents are current and orderly
- Arrange for translators for meetings and training assistance as well as work to have documents and training aids translated into other languages
- Assist with review and revision of SOPs for all work groups and facilities, including ensuring the training notebook and electronic documents are current and well organized.
- Assist the Administrative Manager and HR Technician with all new hire "onboarding"
- Serve as back-up for the Administrative Manager's facility access training, providing dual coverage during high demand periods and serving as the primary point of contact when the Training Program Coordinator is out of the office
- Provide training content and create training aids for the OLAR public facing website and the OLAR Intranet site
- Provide training and create training presentations for all new users to animal management database: animal ordering, billing, EMS, and protocol submission, as well as for other projects as required.
- Provide access training for specialized areas such as ABSL, PR2, and other OLAR facilities.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Three (3) years general clerical experience which must include 1 year of still image and video manipulation and editing
College or university course work, appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute for the experience on a year-for-year basis but not for the 1 year specific experience.
- 3 years' experience in a laboratory animal setting
- Degree in Communication or business or a field or study related to the work assignment
- Fluency in second (non-English) language
Competencies / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written with internal and external constituents.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to create training materials including photographic and video editing.
- Well organized and able to work effectively under deadline.
- Ability to correctly enter data in a database and manage an email account and manage spreadsheets
- Knowledge of an animal research facility and the various regulatory requirements of the facility.
- Planning and organization skills
- Requires computer literacy in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to work effectively in Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as image and video editing software such as Paintshop Pro and Adobe Premiere.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. 4) Please create a training guide on a subject of your choice. Must use word and be no more than 400KB, must also include photos.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 26, 2017 or until 50 applications have been received, whichever occurs first.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20388 - CSA-VCR OLAR CLAC Operations
Posting Date: May 18, 2017
Closing Date: May 26, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Maria Montero
Posting Contact Email: Maria.Montero@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00733442