Drupal Software Engineer
The University of Colorado Boulder seeks a Drupal Software Engineer to join our web development team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in building a wide variety of Drupal websites, from content type and field creation to integrating common contributed modules, to building custom modules using PHP. Experience with Python is a bonus.
Who we are:
Strategic Relations creates the strategies, messages and tools to align CU Boulder's communications, engage with and influence its audiences and advance its reputation and mission.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Our department provides an on-demand software service for the CU Boulder campus that currently has 750+ websites using the system. We manage and enhance an installation profile with a monthly release model for updates, bug fixes and new features. One goal for the upcoming year is to upgrade our installation profile to Drupal 8 and migrating existing Drupal 7 sites to Drupal 8.
This position will add capacity to our existing team. The primary function of this position is Drupal development and will be part of the team responsible for improving the installation profile and product offerings and working towards advancing our product to Drupal 8.
This position will reside in the Office of Strategic Relations. For information about us, our work, and services we provide, go to our website at: www.colorado.edu/strategicrelations
What we can offer:
The starting salary for this position will commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be brilliant. Be engaged. Be supportive. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution OR experience as outlined below can be used as a substitute for a degree on a year-for-year basis.
- Two or more years of Drupal development experience.
- Two or more years of PHP/MySQL development.
What you will need:
- Experience developing solutions for large, high traffic sites and/or several sites using a common code base.
- Proficiency with GIT, Subversion (SVN) or similar source control system.
What we'd like you to have:
- Experience with:
- Scripting languages such as Python or Bash.
- Multiple-tier deployment (dev, test, production) and high-performance environments.
- Memcache/APC/Varnish and other caching tools.
- Integrating data feeds (XML, JSON, RSS, REST/SOAP etc.) into applications.
- You have experience with Drupal 8, particularly in upgrading from D7 to D8.
- You have contributed to open source projects (especially Drupal).
- You have conducted training for developers in CMS or programming tools.
- Are familiar with a few PHP frameworks and/or libraries.
- You have experience with Salesforce, LDAP, Oracle Service Bus integrations.
- Experience with Python (Flask, Eve, Celery).
- Non-relational databases such as MongoDB.
The successful candidate will need to be bright, ambitious, and motivated to be successful at CU-Boulder. You should:
- want to work in an exciting environment.
- be proactive in making suggestions and ideas when working on projects.
- have an active interest in current web development and concepts.
- have a keen eye for detail.
- be able to work under tight deadlines without compromising quality.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by May 31, 2017. If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Click here to view Special Instructions and General Information for Veterans and Classified Staff positions.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-09593.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10025 - Office of Strategic Relations
Posting Date: May 17, 2017
Closing Date: May 31, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00003181