HEALTH PROFESSIONS MENTAL HEALTH PROVIDER
JOB NO.: 90731-AS
Work Type: Staff-Part Time
Categories: Health Care, Medical, Social Services, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90731-AS
Working Title: Health Professions Mental Health Provider
Official Title: ASSOC PSYCHOLOGIST(T08FN)
Hiring Department: A572570-UNIV HEALTH SERVICES/CCS/COUNSELING
Anticipated Begin Date: JUNE 19, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $23.24 HOURLY
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Doctoral degree in Counseling or Clinical Psychology
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Strongly preferred qualities of the candidate include:
1) Minimum of three years' experience in a mental health setting;
2) Experience in a college mental health setting;
3) Experience providing mental health services to Medical School students;
4) Experience in brief intervention, mental health crisis assessment, and group therapy;
5) Self-motivated, self-directed, personal, and professional commitment to multiculturalism and serving underrepresented populations;
6) Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with persons of diverse socio-economic, racial/ethnic, international, and LGBTQ backgrounds, including knowledge and sensitivity about multicultural issues;
7) Demonstrated ability to provide clinical service, consultation and outreach to a diverse Medical School student population;
8) Experience participating in multidisciplinary teams including medical providers and academic faculty/staff;
9) Experience in adult mental health crisis assessment, brief intervention, and confidentiality requirements;
10) Supervision of trainees;
11) Knowledge of electronic health record systems; and
12) Excellent oral and written communication skills.
License or certificate:
Licensed as a Psychologist or must be immediately license eligible to practice as a psychologist in the State of Wisconsin.
You can review Wisconsin licensing requirements at http://go.wisc.edu/5orlvm
The Health Professions mental health provider, under the supervision of the Co-Director of Mental Health Services at UHS or designee, will provide services and outreach programming to Health Professions students at UW-Madison (Medical School, Physician Assistant Program, and Physical Therapy Program students). In addition to direct mental health service, this provider will support the collaborative consultation and liaison relationships with Medical School personnel.
Position will be 5-15 hours a week, scheduled to meet clinic demands
Instructions to applicants:
Click the Apply Online link above or below to apply. You will be required to create an account or login to an existing account. Please upload a cover letter and resume or CV to apply.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 17 May 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 14 Jun 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time