Functional Title Athletic Trainer
Position Type Staff
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG) Intercollegiate Athletic's department has seventeen teams competing as members of NCAA Division I and the Southern Conference. Approximately 250 students are involved as athletes, managers, trainers, statisticians, cheerleaders, etc.
The Athletic Trainer is responsible for assisting the Director of Health and Sports Performance in tending to, scheduling, and supervising the medical needs of the student-athletes within the UNCG Department of Intercollegiate Athletics while adhering to the BOC Standards of Professional Practice.
This individual has a responsibility to oversee the medical needs for all student-athletes but will work primarily with assigned teams. The Athletic Trainer will maintain regular office hours in order to prevent, evaluate, treat and rehabilitate injuries and illnesses of student-athletes in accordance with athletic training room policies and procedures. The Athletic Trainer must be able to make appropriate referrals to outside medical professionals when necessary and communicate with the athletic training staff, team physicians, other health-care professionals, and coaches about the health status of student-athletes. This individual is also responsible for coverage of assigned team practices and contests including out-of-town events.
The Athletic Trainer is responsible for, but not limited to, overseeing the daily operation of the athletic training room, keeping thorough documentation as part of student-athlete's medical records, mentoring and supervision of Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainers and their assigned sport, supervision of athletic training students during morning rehab hours and other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Health and Sports Performance. This person may be required to become a CPR instructor to assist with certification of Athletic Training and Athletic Department staff. In addition to clinical responsibilities, this individual may have an additional opportunity to serve as a preceptor within the CAATE Accredited Entry Level Master's program, housed within the Department of Kinesiology. This individual is responsible for the policies and procedures of the University, Conference and the NCAA in the day to day operation of the program.
- Master's degree in Athletic Training or other related field from an accredited College or University.
- National Athletics Trainer's Association - Board of Certification (NATA BOC)
- Meet qualifications for licensure in the State of North Carolina
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
Current CPR and First Aid certifications are prerequisites
Tenure Status N/A
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are asked to provide the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of at least three (3) References, in the References section of the electronic application. These References will be solicited by the UNCGjobsearch system via email, and asked to provide a confidential Letter of Reference/Recommendation on behalf of the applicant. This will occur when an applicant applies to this posting.
Applicants are required to upload the following document:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Unofficial Transcript
Applicants will have the option to upload the following documents:
- Reference Letters 1,2,3 (letters that applicant may have available at the time of applying)
Recruitment Range Commensurate Upon Experience
Org #-Department Intercollegiate Athletics - 85001
Job Open Date 05/17/2017
For Best Consideration Date 05/31/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Unofficial Transcript(s)
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a master's degree?
- * Do you have your NATABOC certification?
- * Do you meet the qualifications for North Carolina State Licensure? (BOC Certificate or Card, Two Affidavits of Moral Character, Applicant Agreement, Official College/University Transcript with School Seal or copy of diploma showing degree in Sports Medicine or Athletic Training, Verification of Licensure (if licensed in other states), Protocol, Photograph)
- * Are you currently CPR/First Aid certified?
- * Do you have experience working as a certified athletic trainer at the collegiate or pro sport level?
- * If you have experience as a certified athletic trainer, please indicate your primary sport.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have 2-5 years of experience as an athletic trainer?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu