Position Number 998909
Position Classification Title Research Technician
Functional Title Research Technician
Position Type Staff
Internal Posting, Permanent UNCG Employees Will Only Be Eligible for Consideration
Research Technicians in the Animal facility are responsible for caring for research animals, cleaning of facilities, stocking supplies, billing, receiving shipments, various other office duties and assisting the Research Manager, Veterinarian and IACUC committee as directed.
DEMONSTRATED POSSESSION OF THE COMPETENCIES NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE WORK.
Hands on experience in the area of small animal research (rodents) in a university research setting.
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Recruitment Range $31,377 - $33,834
Org #-Department Animal Facility - 11508
Work Hours of Position 40 hours, must be flexible, weekends and holidays required
Job Family Natural Resources and Scientific
Band Research Technician
Competency Level Journey
2-4 key competencies for successful execution of job duties, including chosen level definition:
1. Laboratory/subject care- Administers routine medications and prepares experimental and maintenance diets for research subjects according to established protocols and instructions; observes study subject reactions. Prepares study subject for experimental procedures. Applies and maintains sanitation and safety procedures
2. Knowledge-Technical- General knowledge of applicable area of science to perform laboratory procedures and tests in support of research protocol. Knowledge and skills to adjust and calibrate instrumentation and equipment as needed with limited supervision.
3. Data Collection- Organizes and tabulates data, ensures quality control of data collection..
4. Operations - Observes, measures and prepares subjects (patients, animals or crops) and tests variables as specified in the research protocol (Contributing)
Open Date 05/17/2017
Close Date 05/24/2017
Job Close Date
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Salary Grade Equivalency 60
Number of Months per Year 12
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC school system job board
- Personal Networking
- * In order to be considered for this position, you must currently be employed at UNCG on a permanent basis. Are you currently a permanent employee at UNCG?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu