Information Technologist I
Senior Cognos Reports DeveloperPosition Summary
As a key member of the Business Intelligence and Information Systems team, the Senior Cognos Report Developer will work with the other team members of the University Advancement BI groups to meet the reporting requirements of University Advancement. This will include understanding the data architecture of the data warehouse, the business rules for reporting, and understanding the reporting frameworks those are created by the BI Architect. Primary responsibilities include working with Business and IT stakeholders to understand business goals and requirements to deploy reports quickly and analytics that enable better decision making. The Senior Cognos Report Developer will provide development,testing, and support throughout the report development life cycle.Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related information technology field, with coursework in an information technology specialization related to programming reports; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in developing/designing Business Intelligence; experience with database/EDW design; experience working with Cognos in a multi-tenant environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Desired Qualifications
- More than 5 years of experience developing/designing Business Intelligence solutions (at least 3 of which on the IBM Cognos platform).
- Familiarity with dimensional data models, Star schema, Snow-flakes etc.
- Familiarity with Ellucian’s Advancement Performance.
- Familiarity with UC4 process flow.
- Familiarity with Tableau or other Business Intelligence tool.
- Knowledge and work experience in a fund-raising setting.
- IBM Certified Designer - Cognos 10 BI Multidimensional Reports
- Cognos report development experience using Report Studio.
- Extensive Cognos Framework Manager modeling experience, including DMR.
- SQL/MDX skills.
- Knowledge of Cognos modeling and report development best practices.
- Report and model trouble-shooting skills.
- Ability to convey BOTH technical & business acumen in terms of requirements, approaches, responses, and outcomes.
- Ability to present to internal/external groups as required.
- Cognos Transformer experience (designing/developing PowerCubes) .
- Understanding of effective dimensional modeling techniques as they relate to the performance of Cognos.
- Familiarity with other Cognos UIs, especially Metrics Studio, Event Studio, Query Studio and Analysis Studio.
- Strong understanding of Data Warehousing concepts as applicable to BI.
- Ability to take initiative and multi-task in order to manage time-sensitive deliverables for internal and external customers.
- Strong ability to utilize written and verbal communication skills.
- Have strong customer service orientation and commitment to professionalism.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
NON-STANDARD (Work hours are 8 am to 5 pm with some nights and weekends.)(Bidding eligibility ends 5/23/17 at 11:55 pm)