Student Services Coordinator: Student Life
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the implementation and optimization of student services such as student housing, disability accommodations, International Student Assistance, Associated Student Body, New Student Orientation, and Commencement.
- Ensure responsive, effective, and timely services to students.
- Identify need for Resident Assistants and assist in the interview, selection, and training process.
- Assist in coordination and implementation of learning accommodations.
- Assist students in the development and achievement of their educational goals, connecting desired outcomes with current activities, prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
- Utilize internal and external programs for student success.
- Facilitate assessment of student services and recommend improvements or creation of new programs.
- Assess research and design tools to determine student needs.
- Collaborate with the Dean of Students and the Quality Assurance department to analyze reports and identify student progression.
- Serve as liaison with various student-related groups.
- Work independently to solve problems within organizational guidelines and policies.
- Adhere to laws, external regulations, internal policies, procedures, and requirements governing areas of responsibility.
- Other related duties and projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree with coursework in Education; Human Relations; Psychology; Human Services, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Two or more years of experience in the areas of academic support/advising and student success programs
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills – ability to establish interpersonal rapport and relate to individuals with a wide variety of backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities and exhibit tact, diplomacy, discretion and empathy.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a diverse audience.
- Ability to organize and plan work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently.
- Experience with and an understanding of ADA, FERPA and other applicable local, state, and Federal compliance requirements.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of eCAMS, Canvas or similar Learning Management and Student Management Systems.